New Phone

dtexpress45

Reaction score
Long story, but I am returning to Droid after a mistake. Size is a rather important factor and I need a phone that will fit in my pocket. Keep in mind I am getting an Otterbox case for the phone as well. Right now, it is a toss up between INC4G and the Razr M. They seem pretty similar to me. Although, I had an INC23G not too long ago and loved it. Does anyone have any opinions? Or are there any phones coming out in the very near future that do not resemble a mini tablet?

Thanks!

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Inc 4G will have a better camera, but worse battery life, and be thicker. The M will have a more stock Android look / feel to it, but that's fixable with a launcher like Nova on the Inc 4G as well. The M will have a more solid feel to it, at least IMHO. Your best bet is to go check them out at a store and see which feels best to you. Also, the Inc 4G will let you talk and use data at the same time on 3G - the M won't do that. But if you're on LTE, they're the same.

As to your last question... I don't think so. All of these rumors about Motorola's upcoming lineup make it sound like they might be a more reasonable size. But, #1, who knows if they'll bring it to Verizon (though I would hope so given Moto's relationship to Verizon), and #2, who knows how far away they are.

I'm assuming you have an iPhone now? It could be worth the wait for a month or so, just to see if any more info comes out. Honestly, the S3 / S4 are thin enough and "curvy" enough that they fit in my pocket just as well as my iPhone 5 does... though if you start slapping on an Otterbox, that's a whole different story! :)

OP
D

dtexpress45

Reaction score
Excellent. Thank you!

I went to the store and they were pretty similar in size, and really the only options in my book regarding size. The specs seemed pretty comparable. I do have an iPhone5 now. My wife loves them, I detest them. But I didn't see much of an option given my old INC2 was in pieces.

This gives me something to work with. I have been waiting for a while for something new to come out, but it seems like HTC is making them bigger and bigger. I really don't understand it. But then again, maybe I am old, crotchety, and set in my ways...

Thanks again.

hotice

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the Razr M can do concurrent voice and data. My Maxx HD does and they have mostly the same internals and software. Besides what was mentioned the Razr M has NFC and the Inc 4G LTE has wireless charging. For what it's worth the CPU in the M is clocked at 1.5GHz and it's 1.2GHz in the Inc4G I think.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the Razr M can do concurrent voice and data. My Maxx HD does and they have mostly the same internals and software. Besides what was mentioned the Razr M has NFC and the Inc 4G LTE has wireless charging. For what it's worth the CPU in the M is clocked at 1.5GHz and it's 1.2GHz in the Inc4G I think.

Thanks for the additional info - but for whatever reason, Moto (or whomever) disabled it on the M. Even though, as you stated, it's the same chipset as the HD and Maxx HD, and Inc 4G for that matter!