Buy the TB now or wait for the Bionic or SG2?

otter34

Reaction score
Decisions, decisions. My contract is up in August, by g/f is due for an upgrade now

leonozug

Reaction score
Definitely wait. Way better stuff on the horizon. Just be patient.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
OP I would seriously wait for the SG2. If vzw dont take away any of the features it will be the best phone on vzw network.

OP
O

otter34

Reaction score
I suppose you're all right :-(. I'd just hate to wait 3 months and find out it doesn't have 4g or that VZ raised the price of unlimited data.

OP
O

otter34

Reaction score
Ah screw it. I'm going to get the bolt w/ her upgrade and if I want I can get the sg2 w/ my upgrade in a few months :).

So I'm going to give her my rooted D1 and take the bolt. At VZW they're going to activate her t'bolt under her phone number. How do I go about making the switch once I get home? Do I have to unroot my D1 and have her log in? Or do I just not have her activate the t'bolt at vzw?

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am not sure. You prolly want vzw to activate the tb with your number in store. Then have her call vzw to activate droid 1. Dont let them see d1 in store if it is rooted. But honestly I would still wait, u may be disappointed with tb. I don't have one so I cant judge it, but it has a super small battery in it.

Sent from my fascinate

leonozug

Reaction score
Ah screw it. I'm going to get the bolt w/ her upgrade and if I want I can get the sg2 w/ my upgrade in a few months :).

So I'm going to give her my rooted D1 and take the bolt. At VZW they're going to activate her t'bolt under her phone number. How do I go about making the switch once I get home? Do I have to unroot my D1 and have her log in? Or do I just not have her activate the t'bolt at vzw?

You know, just because you have an available upgrade, doesn't mean you HAVE to upgrade. I don't know why people are always in a huge rush. I was available for an upgrade last September from my OG Droid and I still haven't used it. I bought a Droid X on Ebay and activated it myself on my line to hold me over until the Bionic(or the GS2)comes out. I WAS going to get a Bolt, but I'm glad I didn't. Quite a few friends of mine got one and wish they didn't. Terrible battery life.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I did the same thing. Have had an upgrade available for a while. Bought a fascinate on ebay to hold me over till something with good specs comes out.

Sent from my fascinate

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I have the same situation... two upgrades available, was getting bored with my rooted d1, almost sprung for the tbolt but got an incredible off eBay to hold me over while I wait.

If you get tbolt or something to hold you over, you can do as stelv suggested... have Verizon activated the tbolt in store on your number. Your rooted d1 can be activated for your gf from home by calling *228, option 1 and follow the prompts. It is exactly what I did... activated my incredible in store and then activated my rooted d1 for my son's line using *228. Very simple.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

OP
O

otter34

Reaction score
Thanks. I already activated her on the bolt. Maybe ill let her keep it lol. She is now understanding how great Droid is instead of giving me about always playing with my phone. I forgot to mention she had a motor q that needed replacing

Last edited by a moderator:

AlexSB

Reaction score
Is the SG2 coming to verizon? I know it's headed to att for sure

AWESOMEbolt

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is the SG2 coming to verizon? I know it's headed to att for sure

AWESOMEbolt

There is no telling what verizon will do. Samsung said it will release a variant on all carriers. It is said to be coming to verizon as the samsung function. There is no further info on it I believe. Vzw is usually the last to get tech. They could also just tell samsung they dont want the phone. Lets hope we hear some info soon, cuz blur on the bionic is not going to cut it for me.

Sent from my fascinate