Galaxy SII vs Droid Bionic vs Any other worthy opponents

gmorano

Reaction score
I have an upgrade on August 23 and with all of these delays and rumors going on between the bionic and SII, I'm pretty lost in what I want to do, especially now that SII may or may not have LTE. Apparently there's an HTC Vigor coming out now too? Who knows. Any guidance and what the best decision would be?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
Just remember, there is always going to be a better phone.
There's no point of waiting months for something that will be outdated in a couple more months anyway.

That being said, I would go for the GS2. The reviews are great, (even the Apple-Loving Engadget gave it a 9/10) and even if it doesn't have 4G, I would say its the best bet.

It really depends on what you want tho. If you have a real need for 4G, maybe you should wait for the Bionic.

EFGantry

Reaction score
Nexus Prime is what i'm waiting for. possibly being released in Oct - altho, i think it will be announced in Oct, and then released before the end of the year.

*4G LTE
*1 GB Ram
*Next-generation dual-core 1.2GHz or 1.5GHz CPU
*OMAP4460
*Super AMOLED HD
*720p HD Display
*1080p HD Video Capture & playback
*1 megapixel front facing camera / 5 megapixel rear camera
* Ice Cream Sandwich

edit: i should say that nothing has been confirmed, but the timeline and specs are the latest rumors.

Last edited:

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
Nexus Prime is what i'm waiting for. possibly being released in Oct - altho, i think it will be announced in Oct, and then released before the end of the year.

*4G LTE
*1 GB Ram
*OMAP4460
*Super AMOLED HD
*720p HD Display
* Ice Cream Sandwich

Just wondering, but where do people get all these rumors from?
Has there been any actual proof that this phone is coming?

OP
G

gmorano

Reaction score
Any idea when the GSII will be released? I was actually thinking about waiting for the Nexus but I'm not sure if my Droid2 will make it until then as its hanging by a thread. And being there is 4G coverage in my area, it only makes the decision harder.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

EFGantry

Reaction score

*4G LTE
*1 GB Ram
*OMAP4460
*Super AMOLED HD
*720p HD Display
* Ice Cream Sandwich

Just wondering, but where do people get all these rumors from?
Has there been any actual proof that this phone is coming?

an Admin at AC has stated that he confirmed it, and then there was the BGR report. but, you're right that there hasn't been anything official. of course, there rarely is, but there has been a lot of chatter about this phone from a lot of different places, including the Romania Sammy twitter account which may or may not have inadvertently confirmed that Sammy was making the device.

Nimazahir

Reaction score

*4G LTE
*1 GB Ram
*OMAP4460
*Super AMOLED HD
*720p HD Display
* Ice Cream Sandwich

edit: i should say that nothing has been confirmed, but the timeline and specs are the latest rumors.
The prime looks really good, but I am not going to wait b/c by the time that comes out something better will come out right after. I am going for the galaxy s2 if it has 4g if not the bionic or iphone if it comes in september too.
I have heard by 2012 there will be phones with quad core processors.