Buy the TB now or wait for the Bionic or SG2?

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
there are new phones eventually coming, but has anyone here given you a time frame? Its pure speculation at this point. Yeah..sure...s2 comes Q3...really, how do they know that.

The bolt is a great phone. If you notice on the forums the people who seem to have all the problems are people who dont know much about their own phones. Just head over to xda developers website and join. Keep up with the latest info on the bolt.

There are already tons of great roms out for the bolt. GB, sense 3.0..and plenty of froyo roms as well. really great stuff that a sammy wont have for a while.

Last edited:

bL33d

Reaction score
Its not like we are useing apple devices there is a newer better android device every month so waiting is somethign u can do forever as there is allways something better coming out.

U have to think things out i bought a thunderbolt but i did so with my CC then sold my mint droid x for $250 the thunderbolt was $360 mint off ebay so it cost me $110 and no contract extension to upgrade.

Make MC TW

Reaction score
If u gonna wait for smth better u not gonna be able to upgrade EVER there's always smth better out there .I had my upgrade available since September 2010 got the tbolt no regrets so far its a new phone on the new 4G network so a few bugs here n there are acceptable the phone is the fastest one I ever had even stock so no need for dual core etc . By the time bionic comes out there gonna be quad core phones on the horizon and etc so u will continue waiting what's the point ? Just get a tbolt and enjoy the best phone ever

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

wesdo2gg

Reaction score
U have to think things out i bought a thunderbolt but i did so with my CC then sold my mint droid x for $250 the thunderbolt was $360 mint off ebay so it cost me $110 and no contract extension to upgrade.

I did the exact same thing. I had an iPhone 3GS that I used for years but kept it in an otterbox. I sold it for $200 and sold a fully cased Droid X for $250. I walked in the verizon store after selling both of them and bought a TB. I have an upgrade in OCT so we'll see what happening with devices around that time.

And to keep this thread on track, I would go ahead and get the TB. I hadn't planned on giving up my DX, but once I found out my data discounts applied to 4G, it was too good of an opportunity to pass up. I'm a huge fan of my TB, in case you can't tell.

Xerrus

Reaction score
You may want to hop on board the 4G train now with one of the current devices...rumor is tiered data is on the horizon (July 7th)

rafiki1

Reaction score
Yes I'm looking to get a 4G phone before the tiered data takes hold, hopefully a good deal pops up.

cirtbrethren

Reaction score
I'm kind of in the same position. I have a Droid 1 rooted, but thinking about getting the TB. If I get a TB from ebay, can I just switch from my D1, or do I have to go into Verizon and change from my current plan to a 4g plan? If I have to get a new plan, I'll need to do that before the new tiered plans go into effect.

rafiki1

Reaction score
I'm kind of in the same position. I have a Droid 1 rooted, but thinking about getting the TB. If I get a TB from ebay, can I just switch from my D1, or do I have to go into Verizon and change from my current plan to a 4g plan? If I have to get a new plan, I'll need to do that before the new tiered plans go into effect.

My dad got a droid charge a few days ago and when he activated it the plan changed to 4G automatically.

cirtbrethren

Reaction score
My dad got a droid charge a few days ago and when he activated it the plan changed to 4G automatically.

WOW Sweet! So I could wait as long as I want, get a TB and activate it on my grandfathered unlimited plan without having to sign up for tiered pricing!

OP
O

otter34

Reaction score

WOW Sweet! So I could wait as long as I want, get a TB and activate it on my grandfathered unlimited plan without having to sign up for tiered pricing!

I wonder if that would work or would things change once tiered data goes into effect? Also in getting a new phone don't you agree to a new contract? Then they might stick you with a price increase.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would get a contract in place to ensure unlimited data, just to be on the safe side.

sent from my bolt

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I would get a contract in place to ensure unlimited data, just to be on the safe side.

sent from my bolt
Only reason why I bought the TB. I'll buy a bionic or something later on and have my unlimited 4G locked in.

polish23

Reaction score

I hope so because im planning on getting TB soon as well.

Do it! I love this phone! It's my first droid (I had a voyager for the last 5 years.... yes I know.... dumb!) I got this phone because I couldn't take waiting on Moto and VZW to get their act together and release the bionic just to possibly face tiered data.... I'll just keep buying newer phones outside of contract to ensure that I keep my unlimited... Anyways I wouldn't get the Charge or Revolution, that's just me though, didn't like them in comparison to the TB.

cirtbrethren

Reaction score
I wonder if that would work or would things change once tiered data goes into effect? Also in getting a new phone don't you agree to a new contract? Then they might stick you with a price increase.

The thing is, I would never get another contract, just buy phones from ebay or where ever.