Build.prop edits = great battery life + fast phone + full market

GTvert90

Reaction score
So if I sbf to 2.1 install ota 2.2, root, then I can still use boot strapper for roms? Or do I need some hacked version of ota instead of getting it from verizon?

Thanks! I'm slowly getting the hang of this. Do I need to delete bootstrap or anything before isbf? I recall seeing the ota in black hats program can I use that?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So if I sbf to 2.1 install ota 2.2, root, then I can still use boot strapper for roms?

if ur rooted, yes

Or do I need some hacked version of ota instead of getting it from verizon?

Thanks! I'm slowly getting the hang of this. Do I need to delete bootstrap or anything before isbf?

No.

I recall seeing the ota in black hats program can I use that?

answers above

bharkin

Reaction score
Only use the sbf if you havent already applied the OTA update. If you do, you will have a brick. There is something in the update that locks out RSD Lite, unless you get the newest version. There is also a partial sbf for the new OTA 2.2 that will help if you theme or rom and something goofs up. You can find it on MyDroidWorld.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Dave,
Can you send me a copy of your build.prop file. I overwrote mine with and forgot to make a backup of the stock one.

Teaching a man how to fish, so he can eat for a lifetime:)

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...life-fast-phone-full-market-6.html#post858002 which is only back a couple of posts here.

Make your backup now, revert to stock, grab the prop file, root and flash your restore back onto your phone. 10 minutes, done deal.

It has been an hour since you posted and I responded. file. As I said in the previous post if you can't backup, go to stock, re-root, and restore but want to mess with your phone this would be a real good sequence to learn.

In fact, anyone rooting their phone should know how to get back to stock, reroot and get back to where they are right now.

davezx9

Reaction score
can i install this on the official 2.2 now that i have updated i have 2.3.15

GTvert90

Reaction score
So before I SBF and update I want to be sure so I don't screw myself.

If I pull the OTA update threw verizon and update to 2.3.15 and that 30.03 bootloader I can still use rom manager and bootstrap to run roms like flyx, tranquility and the like?

This site's been a great help .:icon_ banana:

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Can this be done on the d1 as well? i dont see it in my rom manager but i would like to do it

You'd see it in Root Explorer, in the system folder. Then you would use Root Exployer to edit the file after making the folder read-writable. Once done you'd make the folder Read-Only again.

stabl4life82

Reaction score
well i went into my droid 1 and did it in "file manager" myself in and edited the numbers instead of putting the file in my droid...i couldnt find a few of his options to do such as the windows manager one to improve scroll speeds, the one that makes the screen come on faster and the buttons staying lit up..other than that everything else was there..if i install that file he has given us, will that give me the things i am missing even though that is for the droid x? if i cant now the biggest thing i face so i dont mess up anything is what do i do next?..i have not touched it or done anything since i edited the numbers...it is still sitting on that screen..can someone please help with what i do next.. thanks

stabl4life82

Reaction score
i bought root explorer now also so can i just use his build.prop instead to get everything? and if i can, when i downloaded it to my phone it came up as build.text..this accurate?