Build.prop edits = great battery life + fast phone + full market

mark729

Reaction score
Now, to save battery by decreasing the amount of time Wifi looks for an access point, I changed

wifi.supplicant_scan_interval = 60<------------mine set to 45. rooted leaked 2.2

aklee987

Reaction score
Awesome. If you think it works, feel free to add it to your first post.

Polosport

Reaction score
I uploaded the prop file and now my agenda widget just spins on "loading agenda" and doesn't show my next appointments?? Any idea?

Also, on 200 and 220 I still only get 4 apps across on my menus, the pictures you uploaded show 5. Am I missing something?

Liking it other than those two items! Thanks for the write up.

GroceryHauler

Reaction score
I had the same issue with the Pure Calendar agenda widget not loading correctly

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

hobby31

Reaction score
No matter what I do I can't seem to get adobe flash player to show up in the market. I went and got an "official" droid one 2.2 FRG22D that the only change that was made was being rooted and changed the finger print to that and flash still doesn't show up. I then went and pulled the "official" FRG22D patch file. The build prop in it was "build.prop.p" and when opened in wordpad it looks like computer code or something. Can't interpret it.

Beautiful widgets and motorola's slide show widget were malformed with the screen edits so I used the one without the screen edits. Oh, and the weather forcast also wouldn't work in beautiful widgets. Otherwise, everything seems to be working great with the other edits.

My quadrant was a 1374. Someone posted earlier that theirs had dropped. I believe this was about what I was getting prior.

OP, thanks for the post.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I uploaded the prop file and now my agenda widget just spins on "loading agenda" and doesn't show my next appointments?? Any idea?

Also, on 200 and 220 I still only get 4 apps across on my menus, the pictures you uploaded show 5. Am I missing something?

Liking it other than those two items! Thanks for the write up.

I believe ADW will let you have 5 icons

chazall1

Reaction score
Great Job

Thank you for this Graet Information. Works great, I have noticed much improved battery life, and the battery charge time has improved alot. I can charge from 20% to full in less than 30 min.

luv2increase

Reaction score
Thank you for this Graet Information. Works great, I have noticed much improved battery life, and the battery charge time has improved alot. I can charge from 20% to full in less than 30 min.

20% to 100% in 30 minutes?!? ROFL

I do indeed really like this mod of the build.prop file. The OP did a great job ;)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Crimsongost

Reaction score
Great stuff!!

Another one to add that was one of the very few pet peeves with the DX. It drove me nuts that the button LEDs would time out all the time and required a key press to turn them back on. Coming from a Droid 1 this was aggravating, at least for me.

Original:

# BEGIN Motorola, a22976, 21-May-2010, IKSHADOW-5385
# For Shadow only, NOT applied to Droid2 as requirement different
ro.mot.buttonlight.timeout=1
# END Motorola IKSHADOW-5385

Change highlighted in red:

# BEGIN Motorola, a22976, 21-May-2010, IKSHADOW-5385
# For Shadow only, NOT applied to Droid2 as requirement different
ro.mot.buttonlight.timeout=0
# END Motorola IKSHADOW-5385

Is there a way to turn the button light completely off?

capsfan0709

Reaction score
Ok. I followed your instructions with root explorer. I pasted the build.txt file into the system folder. How do I overwrite at this point? I don't want to screw up at this point. How do I know if the changes are in effect? In my system folder I now have a build.prop file and the build.txt file that I downloaded and moved over. Thanks for the help guys.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok. I followed your instructions with root explorer. I pasted the build.txt file into the system folder. How do I overwrite at this point? I don't want to screw up at this point. How do I know if the changes are in effect? In my system folder I now have a build.prop file and the build.txt file that I downloaded and moved over. Thanks for the help guys.

rename build.prop to buildBackup.prop and rename the .txt file to build.prop. reboot and it should take

capsfan0709

Reaction score
Thanks. One more question. I'm still using 2.1. Does this matter? Should I wait for the 2.2 OTA before changing the build? I don't want to download the leaked version and I don't want to screw up my phone's ability to get the official Froyo update. Thanks for the help.