Build.prop can't be edited?

Hodoku

Reaction score
So, Im running liberty 1.5 with NO THEME. However, I've modified some icons in framework with ninjamorph. The phone works just fine. However, I can't seem to change my LCD density at all. i've tried the toolbox, droidx overclock by jrummy, and LCD Density for root from the market - NONE of them have managed to change my density to what it should be. Does anyone have any idea of what could be causing this problem?

kilahimm

Reaction score
Did you try directly editing the build.prop file in a text editor? I've had success both flashing a new build.prop from a zip and editing it directly from a text editor.

OP
H

Hodoku

Reaction score
I'm not sure how to do that... I've never directly messed with build.prop and I'm almost afraid to. How can I flash a fresh one?

Also, would the repair permissions option in the toolbox help at all?

kilahimm

Reaction score
Try going to the toolbox->liberty mods->build properties->file editor->/system/build.prop go down the list to ro.sf.lcd_density and make your change. Be sure to use the menu key to save your change. If you just use the back key to exit it wont save anything. Reboot and see if that has any effect.

I'm not sure repair permissions would help, but i dont think it'll hurt either.

Craig_s

Reaction score
did you reboot your phone after changing it?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
H

Hodoku

Reaction score
WOW. So i figured it out. After tinkering around, i had busybox V1.18.3 installed. I went back to V1.17.1, and everything works fine! Anyone with this problem, or problems with liberty toolbox/droid overclock not working in general - its dependent on busyboz 1.17.1. Restore it and it should solve your problems.

Also, as a bonus: I got my stuff all working now, and it works great :D Phone layout below.