For 2.2 Market issues, use this mod. (apps not showing up)

LexusBrian400

Reaction score
For 2.2 Market issues, use this mod.
For those of you having trouble seeing protected apps, I modified our fingerprint in the build.prop. What this does is spoofs the market into thinking its seeing a Droid 2 (with Froyo) It worked for me, let me know if it does for you.

1. Put build.prop into your AndroidSDK\TOOLS folder
2. Connect via USB.
3. CD (Navigate) in CMD to your tools folder

Copy and paste this

4. adb remount

5. adb push build.prop /system/build.prop

6. reboot

To test before you push the build.prop fix, search the market for Us Bank. If only 2 or 3 show up, you are not getting the full market. After this fix, you should see 10 items listed when you search for Us Bank.

Hope this helps.

This can also be done via Root Explorer.

Thanks to Jcase for giving me the original idea way back when. I just basically applied his Eris Market Fix to work with our phones.

Build.Prop

OP
L

LexusBrian400

Reaction score
For the Root Explorer method, just copy the build.prop to your SD Card, long press on it, copy, navigate to /system/ , paste, and over write.

Reboot.

steeleshark2

Reaction score
Works great!! I used the root explorer method when this first came out.

tx3kgtman

Reaction score

I just used the root explorer meathod and now it wont boot.
I downloaded the file.
renamed my build.prob to build.prob/bak
placed the new build.prob in the system folder
rebooted and now after the M screen it just goes to a black screen with the backlight lit. Wont boot up. Im learning adb so this may be a noob question but can I access adb if the phone wont boot all the way up. That way I could change the build.prob back

steeleshark2

Reaction score

I just used the root explorer meathod and now it wont boot.
I downloaded the file.
renamed my build.prob to build.prob/bak
placed the new build.prob in the system folder
rebooted and now after the M screen it just goes to a black screen with the backlight lit. Wont boot up. Im learning adb so this may be a noob question but can I access adb if the phone wont boot all the way up. That way I could change the build.prob back

You are the first that I know of that had this problem. Unfortunatley, I am not an ADB expert but from what I know, you phone needs to be on. Another thing to try is a factory reset. I have heard people getting different issues fixed with factory reset and still keeping froyo.

steeleshark2

Reaction score
In the system folder. If you mean the download one, it is a link at the bottom of the first post.

ccomengee86

Reaction score
For the Root Explorer method, just copy the build.prop to your SD Card, long press on it, copy, navigate to /system/ , paste, and over write.

Reboot.

In the system folder. If you mean the download one, it is a link at the bottom of the first post.

did you use the root explorer method as lexusbrian400 mentioned?

edit: haha i didn't see the download link.

Last edited:

maronn

Reaction score
To tx3. Might be because u named it .prob and not .prop

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

ccomengee86

Reaction score
For 2.2 Market issues, use this mod.
For those of you having trouble seeing protected apps, I modified our fingerprint in the build.prop. What this does is spoofs the market into thinking its seeing a Droid 2 (with Froyo) It worked for me, let me know if it does for you.

To test before you push the build.prop fix, search the market for Us Bank. If only 2 or 3 show up, you are not getting the full market. After this fix, you should see 10 items listed when you search for Us Bank.

Hope this helps.

This can also be done via Root Explorer.

Thanks to Jcase for giving me the original idea way back when. I just basically applied his Eris Market Fix to work with our phones.

Build.Prop

I downloaded the file and overwrote it using root explorer but I'm still only seeing 3 us bank apps...

steeleshark2

Reaction score
Pm me your email, and I will pass you mine that I know works perfectly. Also, you need to reboot after using Root Explorer for it to be effective.

ccomengee86

Reaction score
Hmmm, that's weired. I only saw 3 apps couple minutes ago, but now I see 10.

local us bank location
mobile banking for android
money pass
personal finance
inflation master
android banking
uk lgv teory
uk motorcyle
uk pcv
uk driving theory

can someone confirm this please?

Also, I can't find Adobe Flash Player 10.1 on the market. Is it normal?