Browsing During Phone Call

Fullenwider

Reaction score
I am sure that when I first got my Droid the Browser worked during Phone Calls, but now it doesn't.

I have added DGE Home and Dolphin Browser. Could that be the problem?

Thanks

korky122

Reaction score
i saw that apple commercial saying that droid cant do that, i pick up my droid, put it on speaker and then i hit the home button and surfed the web.

to answer your question. i have no idea.

blu1080

Reaction score
its verizon..not an app. they run off of a CDMA network and it doesnt allow it.
only GSM networks(ones w/ sim cards-t-mobile and at&t) can do both at the same time.

Thanassi44

Reaction score
I don't get the big fuss about it. I've never needed to surf the web that urgently while on a call.

gmgaga

Reaction score
I don't know why you would need to do both, but after watching that commercial. I call my friend's iphone and proceeded to surf the web while the call stayed connected.

Anomander

Reaction score
If your on WiFi you can surf and talk on the phone at the same time. I also do not see the point of surfing and talking to someone.

Alcapwn89

Reaction score
Yeah, if its a CDMA phone you gotta be connected to wifi in order to both talk and use data at the same time.

Besides browsing the web, this kinda sucks for using the droids turn-by-turn navigation while your on a call. The droid caches your route, but if you happen to veer of-course while your on a phone call, it cant download new maps and directions to get you back on track until you end your call.

ldimick

Reaction score
On AT&T you can tether and talk at the same time. That is the difference and real advantage.

MikeDroid

Reaction score
Browsing during a call

only GSM networks(ones w/ sim cards-t-mobile and at&t) can do both at the same time.

I know I browsed while on a call and can't seem to know, even with Wi-Fi enabled. Does not work now. I wonder I loaded and app the is in conflict.

My browsing speeds while not making a call are 1.1 Mbs, which is fast. It is equal to the 'guaranteed' how end of ATT dsl broadband. No wonder they cap data at 5GB a month for if not, everyone would tether for free and drag down the network. I bet ATT is not 1/2 as fast as the browser speed of Verizon :motdroidhoriz:

MikeDroid

Reaction score
Why now...

If your on WiFi you can surf and talk on the phone at the same time. I also do not see the point of surfing and talking to someone.
Lets say you are talking to a friend and want to search for restaurants using the 'where' app, you could browse, look up or Chinese, American ect and share the info re: where a good place to meet.

blu1080

Reaction score

I know I browsed while on a call and can't seem to know, even with Wi-Fi enabled. Does not work now. I wonder I loaded and app the is in conflict.

My browsing speeds while not making a call are 1.1 Mbs, which is fast. It is equal to the 'guaranteed' how end of ATT dsl broadband. No wonder they cap data at 5GB a month for if not, everyone would tether for free and drag down the network. I bet ATT is not 1/2 as fast as the browser speed of Verizon :motdroidhoriz:
the iPhone 3gs on at&t is equally as fast...but not half as kick ass:icon_ banana:

ldimick

Reaction score
If you can get 3G coverage on your iphone. I never had any problems with coverage in So Cal but in other areas it is bad.