Hit control buttons during phone calls

auntdebbie224

Reaction score
Same issue with face muting/dialing/disconnecting

Steeler6 - I have had the same issue since I got the phone in November 2009. It has been driving me crazy. If people call me, I call them back on a land line. The other issue I have is with the bluetooth in the car. If I ask it to dial a programmed phone, it does, but not on the bluetooth. The phone call is made on the phone and I have to fumble around trying to pick up the phone to get the call. My opinion about the Droid-the Droid is great for everything but phone calls. My face always mutes/disconnects/presses buttons. I will now try what you suggested... left sided phone calls and see how this works. Thanks.

Ok everyone. Try this. Put the Droid up to your left ear instead of your right. I tried this and it seems to work. First I called myself from a landline and put the phone to my right ear...the phone lit up while it was to my ear, which meant I could easily (and did easily) face dial. When I moved the phone to my left ear, the phone never lit up. I have been using the phone with my left ear now for about five days and have not accidentally dialed yet. This was after I got one more replacement Droid that instantly started face dialing. The problem obviously has to do with the sensor and something about my head and the way I held the phone to my right ear. I don't quite get it, but it seems to work. I'd love to know if this works for others having the same problem.

cmatoon

Reaction score
Face Dialing

I have the exact same problem - I somehow hit the mute button, but when I pull the phone away from my face, I can't figure out how to get it to light up so I can turn off the mute button. VERY ANNOYING!

auntdebbie224

Reaction score
to cmatoon--- That is one of the other issues I have. The phone blacks out during a call, so quickly, and I can't get it to light back up so that I can push a button, especially when the phone call is over and I need to disconnect. Very annoying. Since I don't see many posts about issues like mine, I feel like my phone might be a lemon.

biz79

Reaction score
This happens to me when I try to hold the phone w/ my left ear and shoulder, and usually ends up w/ me hanging up on my GF.

Anyways, the easiest fix was to make a call, press home, then the top button to turn the screen off. Now, when the screen is turned on again, it will be on the lock screen and need to be slid to be unlocked.

It's a minor annoyance of extra steps, esp. when u want to end the call or access the dialpad, but I guess better than having a mad GF...

PS: Widgetlocker also locks the screen when u turn off the screen during a call if I recall correctly, but it was lagging launcher pro so i uninstalled it.

jenbalaya

Reaction score
I joined this forum BECAUSE of this problem. I couldn't get through a phone call. Screen Suite is the only App I've bought so far in 4 months of Droid ownership and it's totally worth the 1.99. Not a single problem or mute.

Coolsaber57

Reaction score
Guys, check out Chevy's Simply Stunning rom, he has fixed this issue and it's been fantastic.

kevenj

Reaction score
Screen Suite

Thanks for the tip Woollyrhino. My wife was all set to take her Droid 2 back, but this seems to have solved things.

I found the software a little confusing to install. I would recommend the following:

Check "Override phone lock"
Check "Auto lock during call"
Check "Keep lock while ringing"
Uncheck "Disable unlock popup"

I would also turn the background to transparent as the default is pretty dated/ugly.

Cheers,

A newbie Droid user

_jroid

Reaction score
My wife had this issue for a while with her droid1. Verizon didnt know how to fix it, but the problem just stopped? Dont know what happened.