Bionic Camera absolutely sucks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
P

portableb

Reaction score
my point and click camera looked fine with the same environment as I had to resort to is, as well at the incredible 1 I've been using in these same situations, and the 5MP I-phone someone was using taking the same pictures! NO EXCUSES!

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
And complaining to us is going to solve your problems? If you're not satisfied, take it back. No one's holding a gun to your head. If you're old enough to go to clubs and bars, then you should be old enough and mature enough to handle a situation like this.

82DMC12

Reaction score
Do you know how to use the camera? You point it at what you want to take a picture of, the square turns green when it is in focus, THEN you hit the shutter button. The birthday cake pic that's all out of focus is obviously from someone who doesn't know how to use the auto-focus. Once you know how it works the camera is pretty decent.

colema

Reaction score
Get out of that bar and stop drinking! :D

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ahhhhh wait until green light. I didn't know that but of course I never read the instructions. I had taken some decent photo's but thanks!:blink:

Do you know how to use the camera? You point it at what you want to take a picture of, the square turns green when it is in focus, THEN you hit the shutter button. The birthday cake pic that's all out of focus is obviously from someone who doesn't know how to use the auto-focus. Once you know how it works the camera is pretty decent.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
what the hell did you do to those poor X's??
do you chew on your phone when theres not a McDonald's around? :p

You should see mine...LOL!!

That pic of the 2 DX's looked real nice... I think its like how some folks claimed the Droid X didnt take good pics...until there was a post pics thread. And some nice shots showed up in there. Maybe to camera guru's it sucks, but for the average joe it should be fine. On another forum one guy compared it with his Canon and some pics the Bionic actually looked better.

I knew this from using my Droid X1 but if folks dont know this....its time for some to read the manual...lol That cake looks like it mighta been max zoomed in too.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Is that supposed to support the camera is good, or bad? Serious question. It looks grainy to me.

Anytime a high ISO is applied to an image it will be grainy, it just depends on how high of an ISO is selected.

Now that said, I hate listening to everyone go on about their cellphone isn't a camera nonsense. Look guys, no one is expecting revolutionary imaging tech on a phone right now, but the bottom line is that freakin' 5 yr old FEATURE PHONES have better imaging technology than a $500+ smartphone. That isn't acceptable, honestly. "BUT IT HAS 8 GARGAPIXILES BRO"...ugh, id rather have a high quality lens and sensor on 2mp camera than a 20mp camera with the current offerings of lenses and sensors.

pedromartinez

Reaction score
And complaining to us is going to solve your problems? If you're not satisfied, take it back. No one's holding a gun to your head. If you're old enough to go to clubs and bars, then you should be old enough and mature enough to handle a situation like this.

lmao!

psychicdroid

Reaction score
I've only taken one picture with mine. It was in pitch black, of my dog, and it turned out great. Now the video it takes is more than worth any crappy pictures. I took a video friday night and everybody was going nuts over how great it looked.

pedromartinez

Reaction score
I'm going to have to concur. These photos suck!!!

I had an Incredible and a Thunderbolt and they took great photos.

I know there is a such thing as devices known as digital cameras, but if you happen not to have one it's nice to be able to take a quality photo of a memorable moment.

The fact that the Thunderbolt and Incredible are year old tech compared to the Bionic should suggest something about the concern or lack thereof by Motorola for their camera components.

Also, these phone is extremely expensive on contract!

Just because you believe the photos are *bad doesn't invalidate all the other things about the phone.

Simple question: Are the photos great, okay or poor?

My answer: Poor.

lithoman

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Turbo
Let's not talk stupid, of course a digial camera will smoke everything, we're talking about cellphone camera's, and when a 5MP I-phone or an 8MP year old Incredible 1, etc. takes better pics than a phone out for days, something is wrong. When the Best buy and Verizon cellphone technical (and sales people) say OMG that's the *best test pics I've EVER seen, says that, something is wrong! LOOK AT MY LINKS ABOVE! SO horrible maybe it's just my cellphone is screwed up? But these phones are also clucky when trying to navigate and swipe, forclosing, hanging up, no stock app, the weather widget and time one sucks, the phone contacts suck, the calendar wignet sucks (hell I'm downloading everything to look like an HTC), the mail and text icons (and all mail) don't show indication there's something new, we're talking about basics. They pushed this back all year and it can't even take a damn photo at a restaurant or club (which you guys aren't doing, we all konw that's where we take them, and OTHER PHONES TAKE THEM FINE!)
I understand what he is saying. An older phone takes better pics then the newest greatest one to hit the market. I am glad he is posting his displeasure and not just returning it. Now i was planning on getting the bionic, i might wait and see.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think it's commendable to express distaste when something like this occurs. When we're paying $300 and signing a 2 year contract and can't get a phone with a decent camera that's been delayed for 8 months, that's a sign of a company that doesn't care about it's products.

With the screen not being up (to my standards) and the lack of "polished" software, I feel they missed their mark on the Bionic and I'm glad I've been able to resist replacing my OG with the Bionic.

Overall, from the few hours I spent using it I think it's a quality device, but there are problems with what I call "the core" of this phone and that's disappointing considering we've waited three quarters of a year for it's release.

Updates can probably correct the camera issues and the few minor quirks, but I still think the quality of the screen is lacking for a flagship device and until a phone comes out with all the Bionic's hardware specs with proper software and a high-end screen, I'll keep my OG. If I'm willing to sacrifice screen quality, picture quality, call quality, battery life ect... I might as well stick with my 2 year old Droid until they make something worth buying.

Not to mention I see a majority of posters on Droid-Life and AC complaining about the battery and that if you aren't in a very good 4G area, you may as well turn off 4G completely to prevent battery drains and that just doesn't cut it for me.

My area has decent 4G coverage, but am I going to risk having to turn off a core feature because they designed it in a way that's going to drain my battery?

As I said, continue voicing your opinions and dislikes when they are truthful, you purchased a device that is supposed to "rule them all" and I don't think you should expect anything less. If you're like me, you'll keep this device for the next 2 years and if you're unhappy with it now, you'll be unhappy with it down the road.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
^Even if you're in a weak reception area for 3G it will drain the battery. My Droid X1 barely makes it 8 hours at work, and thats with me barely using it. Moderate use I can go 24-29 hours at my girlfriends house. Decibels at work range from -91 to -120. -120 is absolutely no signal. At my girlfriends house it ranges from -65 to -85.

For any signal searching for it in a weak area kills the battery. With 4G being more of a battery drainer than 3G, I guess its more noticeable. There are times at work I would put my Droid X1 in Airplane mode, just because. Its not about settling for something thats unacceptable, I just understand the entire situation.

The MyTouch 4G Slide has been said to have a real nice camera. Its not about taking all year and the camera sucks. ALL phones have pros n cons. Moto was never known for having good cameras on their phones. The Droid X1 had a decent one, to some ppl the Bionic has a decent one. If the camera is a deal breaker, just get another phone that has a better camera to you. Samsung usually do good in this dept. HTC seems to also. As with any pro/con list....just be prepared deal with whatever cons you encounter on the next phone.

TBolt....better camera but sucks with battery life...go with whatever con you can life with and you'll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.