Bionic Camera absolutely sucks!!!

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by portableb, Sep 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JerseyFirefighter

Ratings:
    +3
    I dont know what you're expecting from your cell phone, but if I want to take a high quality picture, I use my camera. If I want to take a pic on the go where always having my SLR on me isnt practical, this camera is more than sufficient. If its a software issue, and it is such a big deal, they will fix it in an update. I took three quick shots the other day and didnt get too much shutter lag (actually surprised because Ive seen point and shoots take longer) and the quality was more than ok for a phone pic.

If youre looking to take a family portrait then maybe the bionic isnt for you, and perhaps you should get this new isheep device coming out in a month. Of course i wouldnt mind the retina display or the camera they pack, but alas, I wont go to the darkside and trade in my man card for carrying an iphone with man purse and aviators that are mandatory accessories to that phone.

In summary, you wanna take GREAT photos, buy a camera. Im actually pretty happy with the video camera at that. Wish the bionic came out sooner cuz I sure coulda used this in a snap with my twin babies crawling around.

• Like Like x 1
  2. jgrimberg1979

jgrimberg1979 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't agree. When they promote a phone and how it has a 8mp camera then they should back it up with the right firmware so it matches the quality of the hardware. The hardware is there. I agree that they pictures blow. My ip4 takes great photos and its a phone, not only that my Inc and thunderbolt take great pictures as well.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

3. _matt

_matt New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The AOSP camera works well but the gallery/photo review in the app doesnt work.

4. ConqSoft

ConqSoft Active Member

Ratings:
    +12
    I have to agree that my Thunderbolt took better and faster pictures, but I've had several Moto Droids in the past so I knew what I was getting into...

5. budlight4me

budlight4me Member

Ratings:
    +0
    filmware sucks

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

6. rjsurfer

rjsurfer Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I don't care how many mega pixels you have when your focusing through a lens the size of a sesame seed your not going to get a decent picture.

Ron W.

7. Liderc

Liderc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +45
    I think it's a pretty lame excuse to say that people shouldn't expect a quality camera from a $300 device that's been delayed for 8 months.

When a phone is expensive and has had ample time to have software/firmware problems corrected, they should be corrected before release.

This is one phone that should have been polished and it isn't.

8. JerseyFirefighter

Ratings:
    +3
    If youre saying that it being a 8MP camera makes it a software issue that would be entirely false. In the photography world there is a "holy trinity" being the phones image sensor, the lens or optics, and its resolution capacities. You cannot take great photos without a compilation of the three. A car with 500 horsepower wont go that far that fast if its sitting on 14 rims and the tires wont stick. They can advertise the hell outta MP as all camera manufacturers have for the past 15 years, but whats also vitally crucial in taking photos is the image sensor, and the optics in which its looking through.

The sensor processes the image much like a cpu, and the lens plays a big part in the amount of light is let in allowing you to take much better photos in lower light without the use of a flash. mp's is just the size in which the photo can be stored without enlarging it thus losing quality. If I were to call out two companies that have got it right recently, it would be the i*hone and the galaxy s2. I didnt buy my phone for its camera although its handy to have in a pinch so it really doesnt bum me out if it doesnt take photos to likes of most digital cameras nowadays.

9. Speeding Wheels

Speeding Wheels Senior Member

Ratings:
    +16
    Heres one I took yesterday.. sun was out but the photo was taken in the shade

[​IMG]

10. km75

km75 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Same problem exist on the droid3. Some of you might want to try camera360 from the market. The pictures definitely come out better

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

11. c_mack9

c_mack9 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    [​IMG]

this is the only pic i have taken with it. its LOT better than some other phones i have had. i miss the button on the side though. touching the screen for shots like this is difficult.

12. Ed Blown Vert

Ed Blown Vert Active Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Current Phone Model:
    Samsung Note Edge
    You said it yourself, they promote a Phone with a Camera. Not a Camera with a Phone. I am happy with how my Phone takes pictures.

blower.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
bionic camera slow
droid bionic camera app

droid bionic camera fix

droid bionic camera quality

droid bionic camera sucks

droid bionic slow camera
droid bionic sucks
fix droid bionic camera