Best Verizon Android Phone

karragas

Reaction score
and don't forget, if you want a real keyboard you can get either a Droid 2 Global or wait for the Droid 3

grnidkjun

Reaction score
I use swype now and love it.
When the first droid came out I tried their keyboard and found it uncomfortable. Maybe the droid 3 keyboard will be better.. I did notice it has the extra rows of keys, could be a plus. I definitely want swype though and to not be tied to bing.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've been tempted to go early with the droid x2.
I've been waiting on the Bionic but I won't have 4g here for quite some time.
I don't use a front facing camera.. it might be fun from time to time but not required.

What I did think though was that the Bionic was supposed to have the "Gorilla Glass" front. Is it supposed to?
And does the x2 have it?

Also, what about the ram on this phone comparative to what is projected to be on the Bionic?

Also, has anyone tried to install the SPB mobile shell interface for Android on their phone and how does it work?

Right now I'm still using my winmo 6.5 and have the SPB shell on there and like it much better. I'm wondering how that will install over motoblur, now that there is a version for Android.

Also, typically how long will Motorola/Verizon take before this droid x2 upgrades to Gingerbread?

Thanks so much!

I'll try to answer as best I can...lol

The X2 does have Gorilla Glass. I think all Motorola Android phone have Gorilla Glass. I think only a few Android phones dont have it? Guessing based on some threads I peeked in.

The DX2 has 512MB ram. The Bionic may have 512, 768 or 1GB.. aint no telling at this point.

I use SPB 3D Shell on my DX1 and its nice. Has issues here n there, it wont be my main launcher right now, but its nice. Some ppl will say its all eye candy, but some of the SPB 3D widgets are useful. The SPB messaging widget is almost identical to the new Blur messaging widget, both are nice. Please believe it when you hear ppl say the new Blur thats on the DX2 is nice...lol They are not lying...those of us that put the GB leak on our DX1's got a taste of it. It surprised alot of ppl.

Its hard to say about GB for the DX2. Last year the DX1 got Froyo about 2 months after the DX1 came out. Would be nice if history repeated itself or outdid itself but its hard to say right now.

Last edited:

grnidkjun

Reaction score
Thank you for the feedback! I know the spb is really a cosmetic overlay.. but I do prefer it's layout.

I suppose on the ram it depends on the type of ram as well.
I believe the bionic was originally slated to have a lower amount, but it was ddr2 I believe. Not the type of ram typically used in phones, so it was expected to be stronger than normal.

One other item the bionic was reported to have was a business layout as well. I've not seen that listed as a spec on the dx2 or the d3.
I just wish they would get their act together and get the bionic here so we could visually compare.

Of course if Samsung actually gets the S2 over on the cdma network, that would be a nice contender as well.

I know we're all in the same boat... waiting waiting waiting...dancedroid

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
I've been tempted to go early with the droid x2.
I've been waiting on the Bionic but I won't have 4g here for quite some time.
I don't use a front facing camera.. it might be fun from time to time but not required.

What I did think though was that the Bionic was supposed to have the "Gorilla Glass" front. Is it supposed to?
And does the x2 have it?

Also, what about the ram on this phone comparative to what is projected to be on the Bionic?

Also, has anyone tried to install the SPB mobile shell interface for Android on their phone and how does it work?

Right now I'm still using my winmo 6.5 and have the SPB shell on there and like it much better. I'm wondering how that will install over motoblur, now that there is a version for Android.

Also, typically how long will Motorola/Verizon take before this droid x2 upgrades to Gingerbread?

Thanks so much!

I'll try to answer as best I can...lol

The X2 does have Gorilla Glass. I think all Motorola Android phone have Gorilla Glass. I think only a few Android phones dont have it? Guessing based on some threads I peeked in.

The DX2 has 512MB ram. The Bionic may have 512, 768 or 1GB.. aint no telling at this point.

I use SPB 3D Shell on my DX1 and its nice. Has issues here n there, it wont be my main launcher right now, but its nice. Some ppl will say its all eye candy, but some of the SPB 3D widgets are useful. The SPB messaging widget is almost identical to the new Blur messaging widget, both are nice. Please believe it when you hear ppl say the new Blur thats on the DX2 is nice...lol They are not lying...those of us that put the GB leak on our DX1's got a taste of it. It surprised alot of ppl.

Its hard to say about GB for the DX2. Last year the DX1 got Froyo about 2 months after the DX1 came out. Would be nice if history repeated itself or outdid itself but its hard to say right now.

Isn't SPB 3D like $14.99????

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
^lol....yea it is....

I figured if I can blow $15 dollars on a plate of food, I can buy this app. But the price does turn ppl away. Whenever it hits Amazon Android Market Free App day it will probably break records for single most downloaded app in a day...lol

grnidkjun

Reaction score
It is more expensive but I paid more for it on the winmo platform, but I liked it so much better than straight winmo or the touch wiz