Battery Life with ICS: Tips?

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
If you do decide to root and mod go for it. I played all those games on my OG Droid and had a blast doing it. Also on Bionic, but i discovered i could get about all the functions i wanted stock. And I'm not sure if i got much increase in performance, but it sure was fun.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
quadrent scores stock 2800 mine with ulv and speedscript 3280 -3400 and it uses less power oh and flash works if you select desktop agent in icsbrowser+ which comes preloaded

moset

Reaction score
[Q] stock recovery for droid 4? - xda-developers
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1547119

Here's a link to get to recovery. Same as RAZR.
To wipe cache once you're at that option you use Vol + - to scroll then power button to select. On the first screen vol - scrolls and Vol + selects. There is an option to FDR in there to so be careful.

moset

Reaction score
I'm not disputing, just more than most people want or have the skills to do, I do know the joys of living on the edge.

OP
M

mikekhelxD

Reaction score
myfishbear said:
whatever lol cant say that i didnt try

I appreciate your input. I'm still intrigue with the info you suggested. I have not rooted nor I know anything from rooting a phone so I still have a lot of reading to do. I will definitely have the things you said in my mind when I decided to root.

moset

Reaction score
Good idea. Read all you can. Know what you're doing before you jump.
Far be it from me to say don't, but be careful.

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I appreciate your input. I'm still intrigue with the info you suggested. I have not rooted nor I know anything from rooting a phone so I still have a lot of reading to do. I will definitely have the things you said in my mind when I decided to root.
if you change your mind i got all the links 4 u
sbf 217 aka 4.04 with rsd Droid-Developers SBF rsd http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1348587
root Dev-Host - Droid 4 ICS 2.0 LITE.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service than install super user from play
install busybox installer from play
install safstrap Index of /ROMs/maserati
boot into safestrap
toggle to unsafe system
do a factory reset in safestreap
install eclipse http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-4-roms/219332-rom-port-eclipse-ics-1-2-a.html
install 1320 oc ulv http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-4-roms/219332-rom-port-eclipse-ics-1-2-a.html
dont forget to install the motorola driver first and enable debugging mode in development in your settings
i think they are here https://motorola-global-portal.cust...e-can-i-obtain-the-usb-drivers-for-my-device?

OP
M

mikekhelxD

Reaction score
myfishbear said:
if you change your mind i got all the links 4 u
sbf 217 aka 4.04 with rsd Droid-Developers SBF rsd http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1348587
root Dev-Host - Droid 4 ICS 2.0 LITE.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service than install super user from play
install busybox installer from play
install safstrap Index of /ROMs/maserati
install eclipse http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-4-roms/219332-rom-port-eclipse-ics-1-2-a.html
install 1320 oc ulv http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-4-roms/219332-rom-port-eclipse-ics-1-2-a.html
dont forget to install the motorola driver first and enable debugging mode in development in your settings

Nice. Thanks for the links and a quick walk through. Will be saving all the links and I'll probably PM you in the near future regarding about this stuff when I run into problems.

Thanks

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
Mike, the things Myfishbear mentions will not degrade your phone in any way. In fact it will improve them. First, root gives you access to modify files. After gaining the ability to modify files you can install Safestrap which is a foolproof way to flash ROMs on your phone without messing it up. After you install Safestrap you flash Eclipse which is an ICS ROM that has a bunch of preloaded junk removed which will improve your phone's performance (battery and speed). Then you can flash the speedscript and overclock & undervolt files to further increase performance and battery life.

Bottom line is you will only see improvements with no detriment

Now if you decide to root your phone and use a root browser to delete or modify things just because you can, then yes, you'll fk things up. Just follow the instructions step by step and you will be happy. I am, but that could be because of the beer :p.

The most important thing is to read through all the referenced threads, they have a lot of useful information. I've seen many people just jump in and I think to myself that they wouldn't have these problems if they took the time to read through the threads first. Most everything has been asked and answered, so these threads should be mandatory reading.

Montecarlo97z

Reaction score
at the very least root your phone and use setcpu to control your cpu settings

energy1

Reaction score
battery life after upgrade

I had a similar experience. The upgrade resulted in my email accounts being duplicated resulting in very frequent syncing. Deleted and reloaded the accounts and im back to 24hrs+ battery life.

As many of us know with the ICS OTA, our batt life has been really rubbish. Ever since the update, I pretty much had to charge my phone 2-3 times a day running with either 3/4G, brightness and animations on lowest/off, no widgets for any social media apps. My usage personally is not that much either. Few forum apps opening every now and then. Yet, my batt is still really bad. I'm probably averaging 7-8 1/2 hours with little use. I still yet to try going wifi when at home, but how about when i'm outside for more than 8 hours? Do I just carry my phone with full charge and when I check it it is already dead? Well, that actually happened to me last night. Went to a party with full charge, stayed for more than 7 hours, I can't even remember that I checked my phone more than 5 times. I just checked the time and made no phone calls or txting. Surprise surprise, it's dead. I was so pissed since I just hitched a ride with a friend and we were on a pretty bad place here in LA.

So, I beg of you all. Any tips would be nice.

So far, i've tried running with just 3G or 4G multiple times with completely drained and full charge. Every setting are set to the lowest settings. Already did factory reset. Every app is killed immediately after opening it. Help?

silverfang77

Reaction score
If you're rooted and can live without Play Movies, use TitBU to freeze DRM Protected Storage. That appears to have been my battery drainage culprit.

Tappin' and talkin' with Tapatalk.

me_droid

Reaction score
I've used tbu to freeze a lot of bloat - now that that's under control battery life is better except screen is eating up 50% of battery even though I set it for under 50% brightness. It's even worse on auto brightness. Any other tweaks in ics that could prevent screen from using so much battery?

Dave Lister

Reaction score
me_droid said:
I've used tbu to freeze a lot of bloat - now that that's under control battery life is better except screen is eating up 50% of battery even though I set it for under 50% brightness. It's even worse on auto brightness. Any other tweaks in ics that could prevent screen from using so much battery?

Something to remember is that as you remove other things that use the battery, the percentage used by what's left will increase. What those numbers mean is that out of the power used, X% of that usage was due to the screen, Y% from Android OS, etc. So if your battery is down to 50% and the display used 50% of that, then the display really took 25% of the total battery capacity available. As long as the battery is lasting longer, that's the important thing.

4low4fun

Reaction score
myfishbear said:
i know that ill post you a screenshot in like 4 days from now to prove it to you... you just cant take my word and someone elses in the meantime can you? i got like 26 likes so far so i mite not be out to get you.... weirdo

Thats the setup I've been running. He's nit lying! And thanks for the amazing rom fish!!!!