ICS Tips

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
While using the various leaks over the last couple months I'd like to share a few:

1. Change Network Mode to LTE for a little better battery life (settings > More... > Mobile Network > Network Mode > LTE/CDMA).

2. Remove animations for the appearance of increased speed (settings > Developer Options > Windows Animation Scale & Transition Animation Scale > Animation off)

3. Use the SetCPU app to change the governor to Hotplug for a little better battery life (you must download SetCPU from the Market and change the governor in the settings and check set on boot).

4. Fullscreen on stock browser (open browser > Settings > Labs > Fullscreen mode).

5. A developer mentioned that once installing an ICS ROM that you've got to let it index the system and SD card files for better battery performance, so it may apply to a fresh version of ICS but in any event it won't hurt. The suggestion is to not freeze any apps, disable data, and use smart actions for the first day. The phone may run down on the battery on the first day but once the phone indexes files and gets used to running then battery and performance will increase.

If you have any please share them!

mikekhelxD

Reaction score
I'm still stock and not on ICS yet, but running LTE kills your batt life more isn't not? I'm always on my 3g and I can get at least 2-3 hours more compared to LTE.

Dave Lister

Reaction score
Download the LTE OnOff app from the Play Store. It will take you directly to the menu where LTE can be disabled. Choose the CDMA auto (PRL) option.

Syko

Reaction score
I used LTE OnOff & chose CDMA auto (PRL) option which put me on 3G but after a reboot I noticed 4G is back on. Is this normal?

kwyrt

Reaction score
Anyone try the hotplugx governor and know what the difference between it and the regular hotplug governor is?

Sent from my Infekted Droid 4

outsid0r

Reaction score
Anyone try the hotplugx governor and know what the difference between it and the regular hotplug governor is?

where do u get the option for hotplugx? i checked my set cpu and that is not a choice.

kwyrt

Reaction score
where do u get the option for hotplugx? i checked my set cpu and that is not a choice.

Interesting. I am running Munst3rr's Infekted ROM. Installed setcpu and it is a choice listed under governors. Maybe it's included in the Infekted ROM?

Linux4ever

Reaction score
If you want to use pictures from facebook for your contact list, don't use the stock facebook app to do contacts sync. I used this app to do the contacts sync. 3rd party text messaging can't pull the pictures from the stock facebook sync, you have to use a 3rd party to do the contact sync. Hopes this help others out there trying to figure out why my 3rd party text messaging is missing contact pictures.

OP
orangechoochoo

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
Interesting. I am running Munst3rr's Infekted ROM. Installed setcpu and it is a choice listed under governors. Maybe it's included in the Infekted ROM?

Yes, Infektion has the extra governor.