Battery Life

r314bd

Reaction score
I bought at the Verizon store because I wanted to make sure my unlimited data was grandfathered to my new contract.
You can do this online too with My Verizon, just FYI

sangelopez

Reaction score
My DROID 4 has been off charge for less than 30 min and its down to 80%. Wtfffff?

ezeddiekun

Reaction score
Took my Droid 4 back to the Verizon store got a new one and put it on charger before turning on. Similar battery life compared to the last one, maybe a bit better. Is there any other way of deleting bloatware without rooting?

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

Noodle360

Reaction score
*Shrugs* I just long held on an app in the menu and it let me uninstall the bloat, and hide things i couldn't uninstall. all the games and blockbuster crap uninstalled no problem before I rooted

Sohcahtoa

Reaction score
Well, you didn't uninstall them, you just hid them. They're still taking up space on your phone. A really absurd amount of space, too. That gold game? 150 megabytes. The NFL game? A whopping 226 megabytes. Including all the other bloatware, we're looking at almost half a gigabyte of space being eaten by bloat. That's really not cool.

Noodle360

Reaction score
Noo. Madden 12 and that golf game and blockbuster and most of the other stuff is actually uninstalled. The apps that are hid and mostly appslike the stock text message app, the music player, voicemail, and things like that that I don't really want to uninstall, but don't want to look at in that menu either... I'm not about to uninstall all my persinal apps to see how much stuff actually uninstalled vs just hid but I know a lot of the trial things and crap like that are no longer on my phone.

OP
DocWalt

DocWalt

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
You can definitely uninstall Blockbuster, Madden, and Let's Golf. That saves a HUGE amount of space.

Those of you with battery life issues, can you check out the built in Task Manager app and see what's running? If anything is sitting there using CPU figure out why, you may have a runaway app.

Wrigley25

Reaction score
I just took mine back and got a new one. Do I need to keep the phone off while it charges, or can it be on?

OP
DocWalt

DocWalt

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
It can be on it will just take longer to charge.

hobojoe196061

Reaction score
My sister's D4 was getting terrible battery life when she first got it, after taking a look around, I disabled "in pocket detection" and the battery life increased tremendously. On a personal experience with my maxx, i had the task manager killing all the moto apps that i dont care to use, (their gallery,social stuff, etc) and that caused poor performance due to the apps restarting on every wake, and this showed on my battery use screen. So i recommend turning off in pocket and avoiding putting moto apps in auto kill. just my $0.02

Sparkimus

Reaction score
This morning I was at 1day 3hours on battery before I plugged it in at work at 30%, and since then (almost 9 hours off charge) I'm at about 75%. Smart actions can really help with battery life.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

sicnarf

Reaction score
Sparkimus - How are you using your phone? Going one whole day without a charge for me would mean not even touching the thing. Do you have any suggestions on which smart actions to use to achieve these results?