Battery Life with ICS: Tips?

BlitzPuppet

Reaction score
I'm running Eclipse as well with the ulv 1100mhz clock. We'll see if it's my phone's actual battery or the stock rom that was causing the battery issues I was experiencing.

Will give it a few days and see :)

OP
M

mikekhelxD

Reaction score
myfishbear said:
use setcpu to set hotplugx... also i just updated my oc scripts...furthermore drain your batt and use stock charger to fill her up in charge only mode so it calibrates properly

I think i'll be rooting mine very soon. I do get a better batt life using the stock charger. For some reason, my d4 is starting to reject other chargers such as from my old OG droid. Before ICS, i have no problem using old chargers. Now, if my batt is completely drain, it wont even charge. But when it has a bit left then I charge it with the same old charger, it charges.

crabsalt

Reaction score
For those that have spent hours doing this procedure, please forgive my brashness, but: was this worth the time? I'm going on an extended camping trip soon and am willing to re-read this thread and do the hard work for my Droid 4, but overall, I'd like a solid opinion from those that have done this as to whether it mattered much in the long run.

Thanks...

OP
M

mikekhelxD

Reaction score
crabsalt said:
For those that have spent hours doing this procedure, please forgive my brashness, but: was this worth the time? I'm going on an extended camping trip soon and am willing to re-read this thread and do the hard work for my Droid 4, but overall, I'd like a solid opinion from those that have done this as to whether it mattered much in the long run.

Thanks...

I haven't done the specified root yet, but you can just buy a battery pack. I'm not sure whether your phone will be on at all during camp, but if it is for emergency or whatnot, just buy the pack to make sure.

Tim_Hall

Reaction score
I'm probably averaging 7-8 1/2 hours with little use.

Thats really good.

I temporarily bricked my Droid4, bought a new HTC Rezound- might get 2 or 3 hours.

7-8 hours is really good.

Going back to Droid 4 for battery.

4low4fun

Reaction score
Tim_Hall said:
Thats really good.

I temporarily bricked my Droid4, bought a new HTC Rezound- might get 2 or 3 hours.

7-8 hours is really good.

Going back to Droid 4 for battery.

How did you brick it? Run the battery dry?

Sent from my DROID4 using Eclipse 1.2.5c