Battery Life

DocWalt

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
Is anyone else as impressed by the battery life as I am?

I managed to make about 21 hours yesterday/last night with normal use, and a half hour of video viewing. So far today at work I've used 20% of the battery by now (bit past 11:30am), and I took it off the charger at around 7:30am fully charged. My D1 used more power than that, but it was overclocked to 1.1GHz.

One comment about battery usage... WiFi is using a huge amount of power for some reason. Display has used about 26% and WiFi has used 21% so far. I know that % is of the 20% I've used overall so far, but that seems really high for WiFi usage. I've been sending texts/emails and a little bit of web browsing/gaming and I would have thought that the display usage % would be much higher. It seems to me that my weak4G signal uses less power since most of the time it's in 3G anyway.

fingaz

Reaction score
yeah, WiFi is a HUGE battery drain. If you keep it off, the battery will last MUCH longer.

I am def quite impressed with the battery. With all the playing around that I have done on the phone, I am surprised that it hasn't drained faster. So far so good!

OP
DocWalt

DocWalt

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
I wonder why the WiFi is using such a high amount of battery? It never used more than 10% on my D1 and I only ever used the WiFi at home or work.

Sparkimus

Reaction score
Maybe wifi is using a large percentage because everything else is more power efficient?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

ezeddiekun

Reaction score
The battery life I'm currently experiencing is a disappointment compared to my Nexus One. 5 hours of medium usage and its currently sitting around 50% battery life. My brightness settings is currently the lowest.. any ideas? Part of me thinks its because I played with it until battery depletion without charging on the first day..

GuitarSkater

Reaction score
I'm rather displeased with the battery life, it hasn't lasted long at all. I've had to set up different profiles to kill things, processes, apps, etc.

Anyone have any apps/secrets to sustaining battery life? Aside from the bloat apps, I love this phone

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

diablo85

Reaction score
The battery life I'm currently experiencing is a disappointment compared to my Nexus One. 5 hours of medium usage and its currently sitting around 50% battery life. My brightness settings is currently the lowest.. any ideas? Part of me thinks its because I played with it until battery depletion without charging on the first day..

i did the same thing first day ezeddie, toyed with it first day out of the box till the battery was dead without charging it first. now i'm BARELY getting 7 hours from it, but i believe that was due to 3cx mobile device manager literally eating through the battery. battery use right now reports 6h50minutes on battery @ 20% with ~60 minutes voice, a couple of texts, light browsing, and 3 hours ago logging out of 3cx.

i'm also using the profiles feature of android overclock to downclock the cpu to 300/300 when the screen is off.

i'm in the process of draining the battery so i can report back on battery life after its received a full charge again...if its less than 10 hours with light to moderate useage, its back to vzw it goes.

ezeddiekun

Reaction score
Let us know how it goes Diablo.. might have to do the same on mine.. would they do replacements just because of poor battery life?

OUTthaWAZOO

Reaction score
I charged mine to 90% this morning, it's been off charge for 10 hours 45 minutes, I'm at 50% remaining right now, and I've probably sent 40-50 texts, downloaded a couple apps, used apps that require data for about an hour total, and made one short phone call. I'm perfectly happy with the performance of my battery.

ezeddiekun

Reaction score
When you have a verizon wireless service rep that turns the phone on without charging it to activate it then what? You would think they know their stuff..

snowman

Reaction score
+Remember guys you have not even had a full battery charge yet ,
it won't take a full charge till ya run it almost all the way down about 5 times
then it will actually begin to be a true full charge
after that point then charge it and top it off as you like but about once a month kill it all the way

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
+Remember guys you have not even had a full battery charge yet ,
it won't take a full charge till ya run it almost all the way down about 5 times
then it will actually begin to be a true full charge
after that point then charge it and top it off as you like but about once a month kill it all the way

What evidence do you have to prove this claim? I've found no research to back this.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

snowman

Reaction score
I've been a ham radio operator 30 years it's pretty much common knowledge, I have good friends that own
battery companies, remember who invented this and most radio and electronic technologies =Ham guys

tdpolo26

Reaction score
BTW just an FYI matt a moderator on motorola forums was saying it might only be like 40 or 50 to replace which is kinda annoying to pay for but not terrible. Looking at the ifixit website there is a good chance someone will make a tray that a replaceable battery can sit in.... maybe even a huge one if someone wanted it. the tray would not have to be thick