Battery Life

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 4' started by DocWalt, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Wrigley25

Wrigley25 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well I keep being told not to kill apps. Android just re-boots them and the re-starting of an app drains more battery than an app just idling in the background.

Apps that start despite my not using them are:

Facebook
    Maps
    IM
    Verizon Location Agent
    Email Accounts
    ESPN ScoreCenter
    The Weather Channel
    Backup Assistant Plus
    GoToMeeting
    Voicemail
    DataOffload

2. B-Unit

B-Unit Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Droid4 User guide, page 3, step 4 is 'Charge up' with a clock indicating you should let it go for ~3 hours.

3. Kas84

Kas84 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Wi-Fi used up less power than 3G mode. It was my belief that since the phone is always searching for a signal in 3G, it uses up more juice than Wi-Fi. Am I incorrect about this?

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

4. fingaz

fingaz Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No no no... WiFi uses tons more battery power than 3G/4G. Plus, when you have WiFi on... you still have 4g on anyway.

Granted, I have heard otherwise. But in my experience, I just turn WiFi of and leave it off.

5. diablo85

diablo85 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    bravo. and now for you to address the second part of my original quote...

6. km75

km75 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Not correct. Wifi uses less battery. The problem is when you have wifi enabled but dont have a wifi signal. Then it uses more battery because the phone is constantly looking to connect to wifi. So enable wifi if it is available. But disable it when you are not in range of a wifi network. Also when using wifi you can disable data if you are concerned about wifi and 3g/4g running at the same time.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  7. hellmonkey

hellmonkey Member

Ratings:
    +0

4G stays on when on WiFi??? Thats fd up. 3G turns on on my d2 when Im on wifi. That sound suspicious. I dont know why 2 data sources would be on at the same time. Maybe its a bug in the software. Do all 4G phones behave like this?

8. km75

km75 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    It doesnt use both at the same time. If u are using wifi and dont disable data it will show that you have data 'available'. Whether its 3g or 4g. Wasnt like that on the D3 either but its on my bionic like that.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

9. B-Unit

B-Unit Member

Ratings:
    +6
    So, let me get this straight, because they handed it to you turned on, you have no responsibility to get it hooked up to a charger ASAP? Thats really your line of thought? This isn't rocket science, everyone knows the first thing you have to do with a new phone is charge it, the longer the better.

Or am I suppose to somehow prove you dont really get 2 days on your X, not sure what your looking for here...

10. R2D|2OID

R2D|2OID Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Lol.. sorry, but thats ridiculous. You didn't speak up about the situation? NO WAY would I let an employee go through my phone, period. When I got the Droid 4 I said do not under any circumstance take the phone out of the box. She told me that she "had to activate it for me", and I said that I would purchase it somewhere else instead. She ended up giving it to me in the box. You're spending hundreds of dollars in there, don't let them push you around! It seems like no one got any training on the Droid 4, everyone was clueless at my location too.

And I've gotten 60+ hours on a single charge on my D2 with Liberty, so thats not out of the realm of possibility on an X.

11. B-Unit

B-Unit Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Yea, the gal who was setting mine up seemed quite stymied by the Welcome to DROID4 screen. As soon as she handed it to me I refused to hand it back.

Also, I have 0 doubt (or knowledge) of DX battery life, he was just unclear what he expected me to respond to.

12. diablo85

diablo85 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    just saying that when you approach a response with a confrontational tone, dont expect someone to just sit back and take it. especially confrontational towards someone new to these forums? go stretch your e-peen elsewhere.

Search tags for this page
android app dataoffload

android dataoffload app

dataoffload android

dataoffload android app

dataoffload app

dataoffloading
droid 4 6hrs battery life
motorola phone battery depletion