Battery Drain

Troops2990

Reaction score
Wondering if somebody can help me out.. usually when I go to work my phone has about 80% battery left, I turn it off and throw it in my mailbox at work where it sits for 12 hrs and lately when I turn it on after work it will have about 40-50% battery left.. so anybody know why the battery is draining while it is powered off?? Thanks for your help

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is your mailbox in a cold room? I've noticed that if I turn mine off with 50% when I turn on the next morning it is down to 20 or 30 percent.

I've had my phone for over a year so it may just be "the nature of the beast"

Mike

AngryHatter

Reaction score
Is it polling for email or other apps?
Leave the wifi and GPS enabled?

nakhleh926

Reaction score
Wondering if somebody can help me out.. usually when I go to work my phone has about 80% battery left, I turn it off and throw it in my mailbox at work where it sits for 12 hrs and lately when I turn it on after work it will have about 40-50% battery left.. so anybody know why the battery is draining while it is powered off?? Thanks for your help

How long has it been happening? Does it ever go back up to the normal percent later? Are you rooted and have you tried resetting battery stats? Also, try letting it fully die then charge it freshly.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
Troops2990

Troops2990

Reaction score
The room is about 70 degrees, the batery is only about 3 months old, I reset battery stats a couple days ago and that is actually around the time it started and when I reset them I let the phonedie and then charged it up all the way. I am just really confused by this because the battery does stay at the lower %

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Have you checked the actual mV readings of the battery? In other words, is it a battery meter issue or a battery consumption issue? Since it seems to have started about the time you did the battery meter accuracy/stats thing.

Also, have you looked at the battery use in the Device Info section? It will show you what apps are using the power.

Good luck.

OP
Troops2990

Troops2990

Reaction score
Have you checked the actual mV readings of the battery? In other words, is it a battery meter issue or a battery consumption issue? Since it seems to have started about the time you did the battery meter accuracy/stats thing.

Also, have you looked at the battery use in the Device Info section? It will show you what apps are using the power.

Good luck.
the volts do go down as well and the battery use doesn't really say anything out of the norm, everything that i can see looks normal but it is just half the battery of when i shut it off. at least thats what i assume you mean by "mV"

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
No -- mV means millVolts versus just relying on the battery bar.