Battery Drain at Night

LT*

Reaction score
I leave mine on at night and am always surprised at how little battery I lose. Most nights there is no change in battery level.

hughesjr

Reaction score
For the guys who turn it off, just leave it on the charger.

The phone does NOT over charge when the white LED is off ... it just trickles to maintain 100%. Put it in sleep mode and let it charge.

If you do have a "drain" issue due to searching for a signal, just put it in Airplane mode. When you wake up, it will be 100% every time.

I have never turned my phone off (except to change a battery or to reboot, etc.) ... not sure why anyone would power off their phone.

It is weird that the battery would discharge when the power is really off ... are you sure you powered it off (hold down the button for a long time and pick power off) and not just putting the phone to sleep (short power button push). There is nothing you should be able to do to the phone software wise (installed apps, any options) that should impact it when it is powered off.

If the battery drains when powered off, there is either some kind of short on the phone or some kind of short on the battery. I would try pulling the battery when the phone is off and put it back in and see if the power drops when off.

Ridley

Reaction score
I have had mine drain from 90% down to 5% in a matter of minutes. It has happened twice and not at night with a sleeping phone, but outside when I needed to use it.

pushdrops

Reaction score
why are people not putting their phone on the charger at night? I don't have an alarm clock, I have the media dock and 2.1 clock (cause it's way dimmer than 2.0.1 clock). that way it stays charged all night AND acts as my clock. why would someone not do this???? problem solved
that's cool if you want to use your Droid as a clock but not everyone would wanna do so

charging it fully (which only takes about 30 min) b4 going to bed, then unplugging it , turning it OFF - having it ready for the next day makes plenty of sense to (as opposed to leaving it on indefinetly , buying the media dock & using it as an alarm clock as you do)

lots of ways to use the Droid , can't blame anyone for wanting to use it differently & it should be able to be turned off w/o draining the battery ....

On the battery draining while off issue: - looks from searching like alot of people have an issue with the battery draining while off, mine issue has been solved - seems that the Mail app was the problem, it was stuck trying to update a POP account , removed the acct & stopped using the mail app <not a great app anyway> batt so far is ok while turned off).