Drains more power when off

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by shazzmoe, Jan 7, 2010.

1. shazzmoe

shazzmoe New Member

I have read that several other people complain about their battery draining overnight when shut down. I also noticed this with my phone. I've had it for about a month now and after the first few days the battery performance went up substantially and went from dying after half a day to lasting a 30+ hours of moderate use.

That said my battery drains faster when i shut it down before bed. I did a test, after fully charging it before bed I powered it down. When i turned it on the next day it was at 60%. The next night i charged it and left it on all night. It only drained about 20-30%.

Is my phone defective or is there just no point to shutting it off. Also does the phone reboot once its been on for several days? I had it shut off and turn back on as i was using it today.
  2. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

IMHO there is no reason to shut a phone off...Never have with any cell I've owned. I just mute it....
  3. mjs31

mjs31 New Member

I never turn my phone off at night. Just plug it in and have had no battery issues. My phone does not reboot on its own, and I have never HAD to reboot it due to lag issue etc like other smart phones have. I pulled the battery one time but that was for another reason.
  4. fredm74

fredm74 New Member

Well if you are hopping on an airplane to travel, cellphones have to be turned off. I learned that Droid does indeed lose more power off than on, which is very strange. Droid works harder when it's turned off. I wonder what it's doing? :icon_eek:
  5. jdritzer

jdritzer New Member

It's working hard to turn itself back on
  6. iPirate

iPirate New Member

It is connecting to SkyNet, recording audio near the phone and uploading what it hears. :eek:
  7. MNTNBKR

MNTNBKR Member