Drains more power when off

shazzmoe

Reaction score
I have read that several other people complain about their battery draining overnight when shut down. I also noticed this with my phone. I've had it for about a month now and after the first few days the battery performance went up substantially and went from dying after half a day to lasting a 30+ hours of moderate use.

That said my battery drains faster when i shut it down before bed. I did a test, after fully charging it before bed I powered it down. When i turned it on the next day it was at 60%. The next night i charged it and left it on all night. It only drained about 20-30%.

Is my phone defective or is there just no point to shutting it off. Also does the phone reboot once its been on for several days? I had it shut off and turn back on as i was using it today.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
IMHO there is no reason to shut a phone off...Never have with any cell I've owned. I just mute it....

mjs31

Reaction score
I never turn my phone off at night. Just plug it in and have had no battery issues. My phone does not reboot on its own, and I have never HAD to reboot it due to lag issue etc like other smart phones have. I pulled the battery one time but that was for another reason.

fredm74

Reaction score
Well if you are hopping on an airplane to travel, cellphones have to be turned off. I learned that Droid does indeed lose more power off than on, which is very strange. Droid works harder when it's turned off. I wonder what it's doing? :icon_eek:

iPirate

Reaction score
Well if you are hopping on an airplane to travel, cellphones have to be turned off. I learned that Droid does indeed lose more power off than on, which is very strange. Droid works harder when it's turned off. I wonder what it's doing? :icon_eek:
It is connecting to SkyNet, recording audio near the phone and uploading what it hears. :eek: