Back to stock

d2gwbbb

Reaction score
I rooted my phone, unistall some apps and what not and now I cant update. Tried resetting the phone but to no avail.

Any idea on how I can get my phone back to stock(reset didnt do it)???

OR....get my phone to update???

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You'll have to restore the bloatware you remove in order to update successfully. What method did you use to remove?

tappin and a talkin

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I rooted my phone, unistall some apps and what not and now I cant update. Tried resetting the phone but to no avail.

Any idea on how I can get my phone back to stock(reset didnt do it)???

OR....get my phone to update???

What apps did you get rid of? If you got rid of apps like city id then you will have to restore them before you can update.

OP
D

d2gwbbb

Reaction score
i use titanium to mostly removes most of the stock apps. dont know exactly which ones though. how do i reload those apps? are those the apk's that i need to load back into /system?

will bringing the phone back to verizon help?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Don't bring it to Verizon. They wont help you much since you rooted the phone. Did you use titanium to back up the apps before you removed them? Also did you remove them or freeze them?

tappin and a talkin

OP
D

d2gwbbb

Reaction score
Didnt back up and I remove it...didnt freeze it.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok then what I think you're going to have to do is figure out which apps you removed, get the apks and use an app like root explorer to place them back in the system/apps

tappin and a talkin

OP
D

d2gwbbb

Reaction score
is tehre a list that i can compare mine to so that I know i wont be missing anything that may not recall?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Theres a list stickied at the top of the d2 hacks section. I think the bloat is the same for both phones.

tappin and a talkin

OP
D

d2gwbbb

Reaction score
I was able to finally Update my D2G thanks to all you who offered me help and suggestions.

Everything i did came from reading this baord and all credits go to you all.

Here is what I did. I got a D2G dump from this board and compare it's entire list to my phone /system/app folder and moved all thats missing. Had to do it twice because the first time, i missed Genie*.apk

Its a long list of files and trust me, i went thru it all one by one TWICE and finally got all the nexesary files replaced by moving the necessary files into my phone.

The only trouble i ran into was installing Yahoo contacts but it didnt matter, my phone updated.

THANKS AGAIN!

tecwizrd

Reaction score
I don't post to forums like this that often. So I thought I would offer this up.

I wondered as I was reading this, what if I am interested in flashing this phone with something like Fission. Would I need to bother with the trouble of restoring apks to do the OTA?

Last edited: