Still no Gingerbread update on Droid 2 Global. What gives?!?

TheSoundCoop

Reaction score
So, I still haven't gotten the update to Gingerbread yet. My girl has the same phone and she got the update pushed on Tuesday morning. I've been waiting all week and nothing.

When I got to Menu>Settings>AboutPhone>SystemUpdate, it just says "Check for update was not available at this time. Try again later."

Is there something wrong with my phone that's preventing it from updating. Do I have to do a factory reset or something?

What gives?

Are there other Droid 2 Global folks who still have yet to revieve the new update?

Not running any ROMs or hacks or anything. Just a stock phone.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
You should absolutely have it by now. Go to settings, then about phone, check for updates.

OP
TheSoundCoop

TheSoundCoop

Reaction score
You should absolutely have it by now. Go to settings, then about phone, check for updates.

Thanks for the fast response. I did the Settings>AboutPhone>CheckForUpdate

And all week, I've only been getting this message:

"Check for update was not available at this time. Try again later."

I'm starting to think something is wrong with my phone that's preventing it from updating. What do I gotta do to get this phone to recieve the update?

Sbeck

Reaction score
I've got 3 Globals in my family here in North AL and all 3 got the updates this week.

Sent from my Rooted/O'Clocked X

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Thanks for the fast response. I did the Settings>AboutPhone>CheckForUpdate

And all week, I've only been getting this message:

"Check for update was not available at this time. Try again later."

I'm starting to think something is wrong with my phone that's preventing it from updating. What do I gotta do to get this phone to recieve the update?

If your not rooted, you should take it to a VZW store. I don't use my D2G for anything but wifi anymore, but noticed I got an additional update about days ago. I don't know what the update did/does as I haven't has time to play around with it. I got the gingerbread update before on the D2G before I bought the Bionic on launch day, Sept 8? Like a week before that. I'd be interested to see if any other non-rooted D2G haven't received it yet either. I do know it was halted for a while, this may be one reason..

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
According to that last post, you may still be good, as it shows its still rolling out.. depending on how patient you are, I'd give it a couple days than call VZW 1st and tell them you haven't received it yet, than again, you can do that now, I would as I'm extremely unpatient, just dial *611.

Jonas

Reaction score
I SBF'd back to Froyo about 2 weeks back now, and was given the option to update to gingerbread when I went through and did a system check. It's possible your phone might be the "runt of the litter" for lack of better words, but if I were you I wouldn't be chomping at the bit to get this update. It's nothing special. A LOT of people are complaining about it being a poor update, and many bugs. I would still be on Froyo if the ROMs hadn't already made the jump to GB.

OP
TheSoundCoop

TheSoundCoop

Reaction score
So, I took the phone to the VZW store. Dood played with it for 15 min. He reprogramed the phone. Nada.

Then he called Verizon. He had him mess with it for another 10 minutes.

Then they told him to tell me that not all Droid 2 Globals have gotten it yet. That it was with heald for some reason to a group of phones. Didn't say why. They said I should get it in the next week, and to call VWZ back if I don't have it by then.

I'm almost wondering if maybe they are gonna withold it again dut to all this bad feedback that's been floating around about how GB is working on some of the Droid phones. There seem to be people with issues using Droid 2 Globad and GB. Maybe they are trying to fix it.

Regardless, I will try come back with updates as they roll in, no pun intended.

And I'd be interested to hear from any other Droid 2 Global users who didn't get the update. All my friends got it, and so did my girl. So far I don't know any Droid 2 Global users who haven't gotten it.

Jonas

Reaction score
So, I took the phone to the VZW store. Dood played with it for 15 min. He reprogramed the phone. Nada.

Then he called Verizon. He had him mess with it for another 10 minutes.

Then they told him to tell me that not all Droid 2 Globals have gotten it yet. That it was with heald for some reason to a group of phones. Didn't say why. They said I should get it in the next week, and to call VWZ back if I don't have it by then.

I'm almost wondering if maybe they are gonna withold it again dut to all this bad feedback that's been floating around about how GB is working on some of the Droid phones. There seem to be people with issues using Droid 2 Globad and GB. Maybe they are trying to fix it.

Regardless, I will try come back with updates as they roll in, no pun intended.

And I'd be interested to hear from any other Droid 2 Global users who didn't get the update. All my friends got it, and so did my girl. So far I don't know any Droid 2 Global users who haven't gotten it.

I have yet to get it since I flashe a new rom on my phone. As for the verizon techie reprogramming your phone, I have seen their tech skills. They do a factory reset, and if that won't work, then they call their tech support who tells them to do another factory reset, but this time to wipe the cache too. Its an utter joke. My friend is a verizon tech, and they know how to sell the phones that's about it. You could try an sbf, if its not working for you, but honestly the gb update is a huge let down.

saildroid

Reaction score
No update here either

Stock D2G. I am getting the same message, 'no update available, try again later.'

Insidious

Reaction score
Good thing I'm already running GB on a custom ROM ;b I don't worry about OTA's any more. Moto/Verizon dissapointed me enough on how they treated their "flagship phone"

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

teanpa

Reaction score
So, I still haven't gotten the update to Gingerbread yet. My girl has the same phone and she got the update pushed on Tuesday morning. I've been waiting all week and nothing.

When I got to Menu>Settings>AboutPhone>SystemUpdate, it just says "Check for update was not available at this time. Try again later."

Is there something wrong with my phone that's preventing it from updating. Do I have to do a factory reset or something?

What gives?

Are there other Droid 2 Global folks who still have yet to revieve the new update?

Not running any ROMs or hacks or anything. Just a stock phone.

Anyone have any thoughts?

U don't want it. It force closes everything!

hellajdm

Reaction score
Ran stock GB for awhile and can't say that I had any problems other than the window flip animation causing a reboot if you flip it back and forth and back and forth lol.

Chelovek

Reaction score
D2G OTA Update

I just updated mine this week. I have had that "unable to update" message for 8 months. VZW acknowledged problems with D2G and helped me push it from my end. Works great! I rerooted with Pete's and everything works great so far.