Market "crashing"

freshman6969

Reaction score
so i cant download anything on the market, im stock, but im rooted with z4root, i also have titainium back up pro, its been happening eversince i totaly restored my phone with RSD lite or w.e, since i put on the fission rom and it dident wanna load, i kept getting the same error messages im getting now with the market but for diffrent things, so i RSD'd it and now itll begin to install something and then say "the application market (process com.andriod.vending) has stopped unexpectedly. please try again" i reset the phone, pulled the battery, it doesnt work on either wifi or 3g, and i have yet to factory reset the phone but im waiting to do that to see if theres another option

PunMaster

Reaction score
so i cant download anything on the market, im stock, but im rooted with z4root, i also have titainium back up pro, its been happening eversince i totaly restored my phone with RSD lite or w.e, since i put on the fission rom and it dident wanna load, i kept getting the same error messages im getting now with the market but for diffrent things, so i RSD'd it and now itll begin to install something and then say "the application market (process com.andriod.vending) has stopped unexpectedly. please try again" i reset the phone, pulled the battery, it doesnt work on either wifi or 3g, and i have yet to factory reset the phone but im waiting to do that to see if theres another option

If your phone has been through a ROM change and multiple SBF restores, there's pretty much no way your data partition is still in a well-working state. As anoying as it is, I would reccomend you clear your cache and data (i.e. a factory reset) and redo the SBF to get a perfectly clean phone. Then re-root and maybe give Fission another try. The problem is, when you change ROMs, you almost always have to factory reset (unless special care was taken by the ROM developer to make things stay compatible).

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Get into the app manager and clear your Market's data and cache, reboot the phone, try to see if it still does it. Then report back. :) If problem persists we'll see about other fixes.

OP
F

freshman6969

Reaction score
Get into the app manager and clear your Market's data and cache, reboot the phone, try to see if it still does it. Then report back. :) If problem persists we'll see about other fixes.
nope, same stuff :/ it says its installing but it stays there after i get the error message :/

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Ah. Well, my suggestion to you is to get Bootstrapper, install it, reboot into recovery, do a wipe (but not a factory reset) if the option exists in Bootstrapper, reboot, uninstall Bootstrapper with terminal commands (I can provide those) and see if it fixes things. If not, you should do it manually.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dalvik_(software)

OP
F

freshman6969

Reaction score
i have it already, i just did a factory reset, and all my apps and everything are still there, it works now, thanks!

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Great!

That's the problem with running stock (not that you D2G guys have much choice) -- no real options except the big gun to clear things out/up. Glad it's working, though! :)

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
They do now. There's a zip to flash that allows a D2G to run a D2 custom ROM :)

Great!

That's the problem with running stock (not that you D2G guys have much choice) -- no real options except the big gun to clear things out/up. Glad it's working, though! :)

DroidForums Junkie!!

pbarch1

Reaction score
I have had the same problem too. It started, or I noticed it yesterday, didn't think much of it but today the same thing. I am rooted, and that is about it, never installed any ROM's. bootstrapped, but that is it.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
First, do a data/cache wipe from within the app manager. If that doesn't work, then reboot into bootstrap.

Using bootstrap, wipe, but do not do a factory reset the first time. If you have to do a factory reset then back up anything you can't afford to lose just in case. :)

OP
F

freshman6969

Reaction score
so how do i go about putting fission on? last time i did it, i slid the unlock and i just kept getting error messages, i went into clockwork and installed it off the SD card, i really dont feel like doing RSD again, so can anyone guide me though it?