Back to iPhone 3Gs? Lack of updates

altjx

Reaction score
I'm starting to consider going back to iPhone, but I'm wondering if I should wait a little longer or what. I've had my Droid since like November and there hasnt been an update yet. I'm running the latest version...

Anyone have any ideas on iPhone 4G coming to Verizon or not? I'd hate to get an iPhone and end up seeing 4G come out. This is a great phone no doubt, but sometimes I get crashed apps, or I'm pulling over to wait on my GPS.

What do you all think?

texasPI

Reaction score
In four months when Apple does not release an update you'll leave them too? Btw, there has been an update. 2.0 > 2.0.1

OP
A

altjx

Reaction score
In four months when Apple does not release an update you'll leave them too? Btw, there has been an update. 2.0 > 2.0.1

That's not what I asked. And I have the latest version

HwnDroid

Reaction score
Just sit it out and wait. 2.1 should be rolling out soon...so I've read?? The Droid still smokes the iPhone on many levels.

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
My thoughts are that there's always something better coming around the corner, or is there? Do what you you want or feel is the best move for you.

There's plenty of rumor threads here that can educate you on which way to go.

NVash

Reaction score
Really? After all the customization that you get with the Droid? All the games, all the apps, the wallpapers, youre just going back?

Man, truthfully Id say go ahead because I dont think this update is changing much and you might be expecting something groundbreaking.

OP
A

altjx

Reaction score
yeah i really like the phone, but i'd love to see at least one update some bug fixes.

OP
A

altjx

Reaction score
Really? After all the customization that you get with the Droid? All the games, all the apps, the wallpapers, youre just going back?

Man, truthfully Id say go ahead because I dont think this update is changing much and you might be expecting something groundbreaking.

thats true though. i like the phone, but there's a few things that can get annoying and frustrating... just seems like nothing's gonna get done about it

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Really, cuz what does an iphone offer that is better then a rooted o/c droid. And If you root you get to play with all the 2.1 goodies any way. I have had live wall paper, 5 to 7 screens, wifi tethering. Pinch to zoom browser on the native browser. A faster phone. And so much more. I say stop crying and make something happen for your self. There is just too many resources for some one to be crying about an update. Now if you want help we will help, if you just want an iphone then make the move. I had the iphone; it was a good phone and my bro and pops have one. But I would not trade my rooted droid for an iphone.

OP
A

altjx

Reaction score
Really, cuz what does an iphone offer that is better then a rooted o/c droid. And If you root you get to play with all the 2.1 goodies any way. I have had live wall paper, 5 to 7 screens, wifi tethering. Pinch to zoom browser on the native browser. A faster phone. And so much more. I say stop crying and make something happen for your self. There is just too many resources for some one to be crying about an update. Now if you want help we will help, if you just want an iphone then make the move. I had the iphone; it was a good phone and my bro and pops have one. But I would not trade my rooted droid for an iphone.

figures, the typical droidforums user. thats not crying, thats a small complaint and simple question for opinion, "lack of updates" is not crying. im not saying this phone sucks it doesnt have all the updates, etc... why cant you people just post positive advice instead of wasting time starting arguments... anyways, does rooting the droid to 2.1 have a working GPS? i've heard problems with it

bastosero

Reaction score
It's really up to you, bro. If you want something much simpler for you, then go with the iPhone. If you want something that can do way more, stick with the Droid. As of right now, if you do get the iPhone, you're stuck with AT&T or possibly T-Mobile (so I hope you live in an area where you get good reception for those). As for the update, it will come...but it's a waiting game. For now, there are many things that you can do on the Droid until that update is here.

OP
A

altjx

Reaction score
It's really up to you, bro. If you want something much simpler for you, then go with the iPhone. If you want something that can do way more, stick with the Droid. As of right now, if you do get the iPhone, you're stuck with AT&T or possibly T-Mobile (so I hope you live in an area where you get reception for those). As for the update, it will come...but it's a waiting game. For now, there are many things that you can do on the Droid until that update is here.

mmkay, i'm gonna look at the droid rooting forum... but if u brick it, u cant reinstall the 2.0.1 os?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
yes it does the droidmod (though that particular rom is not 2.1) offers the speed and simplicity for those new to rooting. Look I am not tryna come off harsh but you posted a thread about wanting to go back to iphone. You know posting that was going to get responses. If you want help or advice ask. But 90+% prob do not care about the iphone.

ZBoater

Reaction score
As a former iPhone and iPhone 3GS user, all I can say is good riddens to it and AT&T. I am sooooo much happier with my Droid (and I haven't rooted it yet!).

The amount of customization and options and FREEDOM with the Droid is just head and shoulders above the iPhone. Don't get me wrong, the iPhone is a beautiful and capable device, but is is hobbled by some well-intending but very misguided AppStore policies. And I still remember the original iPhone had no search.... :mad:

P.S. I just discovered Songbird. I am finally getting rid of iTunes!!!!! :icon_ banana: