Back to iPhone 3Gs? Lack of updates

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I can honestly say (and if you go to that and many rooting threads) that after rooting o/c and really seeing what your device can do you will not want the update because the update will be a watered down version of what you already have.

OP
A

altjx

Reaction score
I can honestly say (and if you go to that and many rooting threads) that after rooting o/c and really seeing what your device can do you will not want the update because the update will be a watered down version of what you already have.

Damn, that sounds pretty interesting. I'm using linux, any tutorials for linux? Or I'd have to do it from windows in virtual machine?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
if you have the time I will assist you root here on this thread, just say the word....but make sure you do your research and understand what you are doing. Its not hard but reading will help you understand what is what. this site (Obtaining Root | Root Your Droid) is a great place to go to read and research what you are doing, Then when you are ready on the site i posted on the last post is video guides to get u rooted.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I can guide you now through the process, but if you have not read what is going on I am robbing you of the process. Rooting will take no longer then 15 to 20 mins.

pilot25

Reaction score
Really, cuz what does an iphone offer that is better then a rooted o/c droid. And If you root you get to play with all the 2.1 goodies any way. I have had live wall paper, 5 to 7 screens, wifi tethering. Pinch to zoom browser on the native browser. A faster phone. And so much more. I say stop crying and make something happen for your self. There is just too many resources for some one to be crying about an update. Now if you want help we will help, if you just want an iphone then make the move. I had the iphone; it was a good phone and my bro and pops have one. But I would not trade my rooted droid for an iphone.

figures, the typical droidforums user. thats not crying, thats a small complaint and simple question for opinion, "lack of updates" is not crying. im not saying this phone sucks it doesnt have all the updates, etc... why cant you people just post positive advice instead of wasting time starting arguments... anyways, does rooting the droid to 2.1 have a working GPS? i've heard problems with it

Didn't you get that memo??? You aren't allowed to complain about the droid around here...

OP
A

altjx

Reaction score
Really, cuz what does an iphone offer that is better then a rooted o/c droid. And If you root you get to play with all the 2.1 goodies any way. I have had live wall paper, 5 to 7 screens, wifi tethering. Pinch to zoom browser on the native browser. A faster phone. And so much more. I say stop crying and make something happen for your self. There is just too many resources for some one to be crying about an update. Now if you want help we will help, if you just want an iphone then make the move. I had the iphone; it was a good phone and my bro and pops have one. But I would not trade my rooted droid for an iphone.

figures, the typical droidforums user. thats not crying, thats a small complaint and simple question for opinion, "lack of updates" is not crying. im not saying this phone sucks it doesnt have all the updates, etc... why cant you people just post positive advice instead of wasting time starting arguments... anyways, does rooting the droid to 2.1 have a working GPS? i've heard problems with it

Didn't you get that memo??? You aren't allowed to complain about the droid around here...

my thread was not just a simple compaint but more of a question and the reason stating why

OP
A

altjx

Reaction score
thanks guys for the assistance with rooting. im gonna head out for tonight though, gettin late and sleepy. i'll start a thread tomorrow if thats fine. i REALLY appreciate it!