ASURION SUX! NO LONGER CARRIES Moto DROID!

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good point... at least in my location, the Best Buy mobile people are AWEsome, I could totally see them working with me to resolve it in a fair way if that issue ever came up.

And I know them quite well, as I flip-flopped a couple of times before sticking with my Droid, and had billing issues to resolve for months following...

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I read something about this a week or so ago..... However, from what I read, enough people complained about the replacements not being "up to spec" compared to the DRIOD, so they were offering Incredibles instead. I'll see if I can dig it up.

EDIT: It was in this thread:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...asurion-sux-no-longer-carries-moto-droid.html

but rereading it, it looks like it's a YMMV type of thing (if you beg them hard enough they might send you an Incredible)

I'd think they HAVE to, because the Devour/Ally/Eris are in no way comparable, they ALL use a previous-gen CPU. That would be like trying to replace a Core i7 PC with a Core2 Duo - in no way comparable.

Last edited:

wricks

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Makes me wonder when the D2 is released next month, if it will be the replacement for the D1 by Asurion?

HavoC

Reaction score
lol, figures I'd read this today after almost breaking my droid last night. In a freak accident, one of my speakers (decent size and weight) fell on my droid, bending the frame and or screen in the process. When I first picked it up, I closed the phone, and the edge of the screen and screen frame stuck up from the keyboard by about an inch.

Incredibly, I popped the battery in the back, booted it up, and it still worked. I then clipped the phone in each corner of the side that was bent up with these plastic clip things you put on potato chip bags lol, and some rubber bands in an effort to try to gradually bend it back into shape. It seems to have made some progress, but I've got the rubber bands on it now. At least it's still functioning properly, everything still works as far as I know.

In conclusion, these things are absolute beasts, and I've had good luck with motorola phones in general (razr, crazr) with drops/accidents. I just hope that things don't get worse from here, because I don't want to get one of the phones listed above as a weak replacement.

Foreverrr

Reaction score
Makes me wonder when the D2 is released next month, if it will be the replacement for the D1 by Asurion?

That's what I was thinking, but I'm sure that depends on how many pre-order and actually purchase the Droid 2 within the first few weeks?

wricks

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

That's what I was thinking, but I'm sure that depends on how many pre-order and actually purchase the Droid 2 within the first few weeks?

On the heels of the X, I don't think there will be lines ouside the Verizon stores for the D2
skep.gif

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would be ok with the Droid X or Droid 2 as a replacement with maybe a little fee. But If Best Buy wants to offer up the Incredible I'll flip on them mofos. Its not that I think the Inc is a bad phone (I am actually getting my wife one with that American Eagle deal) its just not for me.

dan j

Reaction score
Wow, this is a bad situation. If Asurion isn't going to give me an equal or better phone then there is no point in continuing the service.

I guess I'll give it a few days to see what happens.

becdevour

Reaction score
Yup, screwed by Asurion...At least they sent the Devour out fast. I miss my Droid! 13 months and Droid 2 is mine. The X is oversized. I'll be cancelling The big A now.

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
For those of us lucky enough to have best buy protection.... I just called and at first he did say that the Droid 2 will be the replacement phone!! But then I think a supervisor must have ran over and smacked him in the back of the head!!! Cause he quickly switched it to an Incredible. I told him that would be a down grade in my mind. He responded with "Each claim is different because they are handled on a store by store basis and paying a little extra to make sure you get what you want is normally not a problem. I'm happy with that answer!!

Best Buy, have a banananana, on me.:icon_ banana:

The rest of you are screwed sorry.

Foreverrr

Reaction score
Switching from an Android 2.2 1.2GHZ droid to a 1.6 Android powered devour would totally screw over my thoughts about Smart Phones. :$

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
For those of us lucky enough to have best buy protection.... I just called and at first he did say that the Droid 2 will be the replacement phone!! But then I think a supervisor must have ran over and smacked him in the back of the head!!! Cause he quickly switched it to an Incredible. I told him that would be a down grade in my mind. He responded with "Each claim is different because they are handled on a store by store basis and paying a little extra to make sure you get what you want is normally not a problem. I'm happy with that answer!!

Best Buy, have a banananana, on me.:icon_ banana:

The rest of you are screwed sorry.

awesome, thanks for checkin' on that

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would be ok with the Droid X or Droid 2 as a replacement with maybe a little fee. But If Best Buy wants to offer up the Incredible I'll flip on them mofos. Its not that I think the Inc is a bad phone (I am actually getting my wife one with that American Eagle deal) its just not for me.

i didn't think the incredible was part of that deal?

bad4u

Reaction score
Threads merged….

more food for thought...

When the Inc runs out of supply, or if you have one right now and need a replacement, are they going to send you the X?

Or if your like me and got approved for the Inc but the X becomes avail while the Inc is still on back order will they give it up?

Last edited: