ASURION SUX! NO LONGER CARRIES Moto DROID!

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I dunno if the one I got today is new or refurb, but if its a refurb they do a hell of a job. It looks brand spanking new.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

WLJohnson05

Reaction score
I dunno if the one I got today is new or refurb, but if its a refurb they do a hell of a job. It looks brand spanking new.

look under the battery at the tag with the meid on it.

at the top it will say
"remanufactured by asurion"

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
LOL, people make me laugh!! They come on here and b8tch and complain about not being able to get a Droid or having to pay the deductable but if you go back and read there are tons of "Oh I just lost my Droid wink wink, I guess I will get an incredible", or "OH NO I got a scratch on my phone so I will file a claim to get a new one!!", False claims is what leads to higher premiums and deductables and shortages!!!

I think people making claims should be held to a more stringent process, IE check the phone, if phone stolen then require police report and if lost well I think that should be dropped as if you lose your $600 dollar phone it will be a nice little life lesson in economics for you!!!

if you lose your phone then the insurance that is offered to replace a lost phone should not cover you? been drinking all day or did you just start with the hard stuff?
i think they do ask for police report now

mrgoochio

Reaction score
just got my droid in today. its brand new from asurion

are you sure it's brand new, or is it a refurb like i got?

I think all the phones which come from Asurion are refurbished. They come wrapped up to make them look new.

its brand new, came in original packaging. when i got my refurb, it was in refurb packaging and not wrapped in motorola oem packaging. i confirmed with the CS rep that it was new before they shipped it.

mrgoochio

Reaction score

look under the battery at the tag with the meid on it.

at the top it will say
"remanufactured by asurion"

this is true, asurion puts a little square water damage sticker inside the battery tray area and they also put a asurion remanufactured sticker in there too. the phone i got today had neither

smokiedabong

Reaction score
LOL, people make me laugh!! They come on here and b8tch and complain about not being able to get a Droid or having to pay the deductable but if you go back and read there are tons of "Oh I just lost my Droid wink wink, I guess I will get an incredible", or "OH NO I got a scratch on my phone so I will file a claim to get a new one!!", False claims is what leads to higher premiums and deductables and shortages!!!

I think people making claims should be held to a more stringent process, IE check the phone, if phone stolen then require police report and if lost well I think that should be dropped as if you lose your $600 dollar phone it will be a nice little life lesson in economics for you!!!

if you lose your phone then the insurance that is offered to replace a lost phone should not cover you? been drinking all day or did you just start with the hard stuff?
i think they do ask for police report now

Dropped mine in a lake while fishing :icon_evil:

milladakillaq

Reaction score
Issues with Asurion but landed my replacement Droid

So as others stated before, that they were not being offered a replacement Droid by Asurion, though it seems others are still getting them. Here is my saga......

So I filed a claim 2 days ago with Asurion for a replacement Droid. Was told they are only offering the Eris and the Moto Devour. Not ideal replacement phones. Anyhow, I went ahead with the Devour thinking it would be close enough. WRONG. I get this thing and it just is off. I'm a bit slow when it comes to adapting to new technologies. I spent better part of 4 month researching phones last year when I was making the switch to a smart phone. I landed on the droid and have never looked back. Its a great phone, inside and out. The devour is no where near the quality etc. I don't need to state my case here.

Anyhow, long story short, I get the run around from Asurion saying they were only authorized to provide me with the devour or Eris. Then they tell me that I can get the LG Ally as well. Nope, move onto verizon customer service. Have a lengthy talk to them about the deal, they are no help. Hope back on this forum and read that several people went to the dealer and had luck there.

So off i went, found a sympathetic salesperson who argued my case for me. Fact of the matter is the phones are not comparable. I would have taken an incredible but still would have missed my qwerty, among other things. After a long go round of him stating this isn't a comparable phone and mentioning that they had several on the shelves the Asurion rep cracked and actually purchased a phone from Verizon on my behalf.

It went as such, the rep actually supplied a credit card to Verizon for the purchase of this phone in the amount of $603.xx and I received my Droid on the spot. I was super impressed. After 10 min or so of going back and forth and the verizon rep speaking with his manager several times over he was stuck as he didn't have any leeway in my contract for offering me a deal on a replacement. I did state that this was their preferred carrier and I did not find the other phones to be comparable. (if anyone uses the devour even for a day, you'll know what I'm talking about) I am under contract with the moto droid and that is what I was expecting to be refurbished with.

It took me better part of the afternoon and a lot of phone calls etc to get a replacement Droid, but dang it, the phone is worth it.

Asurion reps will treat a verizon rep a bit differently than they will you or I. I recommend just going down to Verizon and having them go to battle with you. After all, myself and others have attested to having them literally pay for a new phone from the retail stores on our behalf, it would not be fair of them to deny you a replacement Droid as well.

Good luck!!

removed

Reaction score
Just got my replacement Incredible. It was brand new in a box.
Question - does the insurance transfer to the new phone automatically?

WLJohnson05

Reaction score
So as others stated before, that they were not being offered a replacement Droid by Asurion, though it seems others are still getting them. Here is my saga......

So I filed a claim 2 days ago with Asurion for a replacement Droid. Was told they are only offering the Eris and the Moto Devour. Not ideal replacement phones. Anyhow, I went ahead with the Devour thinking it would be close enough. WRONG. I get this thing and it just is off. I'm a bit slow when it comes to adapting to new technologies. I spent better part of 4 month researching phones last year when I was making the switch to a smart phone. I landed on the droid and have never looked back. Its a great phone, inside and out. The devour is no where near the quality etc. I don't need to state my case here.

Anyhow, long story short, I get the run around from Asurion saying they were only authorized to provide me with the devour or Eris. Then they tell me that I can get the LG Ally as well. Nope, move onto verizon customer service. Have a lengthy talk to them about the deal, they are no help. Hope back on this forum and read that several people went to the dealer and had luck there.

So off i went, found a sympathetic salesperson who argued my case for me. Fact of the matter is the phones are not comparable. I would have taken an incredible but still would have missed my qwerty, among other things. After a long go round of him stating this isn't a comparable phone and mentioning that they had several on the shelves the Asurion rep cracked and actually purchased a phone from Verizon on my behalf.

It went as such, the rep actually supplied a credit card to Verizon for the purchase of this phone in the amount of $603.xx and I received my Droid on the spot. I was super impressed. After 10 min or so of going back and forth and the verizon rep speaking with his manager several times over he was stuck as he didn't have any leeway in my contract for offering me a deal on a replacement. I did state that this was their preferred carrier and I did not find the other phones to be comparable. (if anyone uses the devour even for a day, you'll know what I'm talking about) I am under contract with the moto droid and that is what I was expecting to be refurbished with.

It took me better part of the afternoon and a lot of phone calls etc to get a replacement Droid, but dang it, the phone is worth it.

Asurion reps will treat a verizon rep a bit differently than they will you or I. I recommend just going down to Verizon and having them go to battle with you. After all, myself and others have attested to having them literally pay for a new phone from the retail stores on our behalf, it would not be fair of them to deny you a replacement Droid as well.

Good luck!!

i went to the verizon store today and the guy told me that i had to go back through asurion first and if they sent me another POS then they could step in and handle it.

Just got my replacement Incredible. It was brand new in a box.
Question - does the insurance transfer to the new phone automatically?

it should transfer to whatever phone is on your line.

rcali001

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
well my droid showed up today. refurb...screen feels really loose though and the plugs have dirt and dust up in them. i do believe ill be making a trip to verizon tomorrow to get this handled.

That is really messed up! You should be able to Get a brand new one because of the possible problems that may arise.

rcali001

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 3

...crap happens! What makes one incident be more significant than the other! Hence the keyword INSURANCE!! It's a business in making money and they are doing it well! It should be about taking care of your customer, not by how much phones or plans you can sell!

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
I called Verizon today and asked them a few questions; also passed along this info. They said just come to us, so that's what I intend to do if needed.

Foreverrr

Reaction score
Don't Break your Droid!

Since the Motorola Droid 1 is no longer "in production", claimees are left with 3 options that are essentially a slap to the face. Your choices are the Droid Eris, Motorola Devour or LG Ally. Yes, instead of another Droid you can have MotoBlur and Android 1.6.

That means if you break your droid and have to send it in and get a replacement phone, you'll only be able to get one of those three phones.

That might just suck to whoever accidentily drops their phone and shatters the screen.

Source: Asurion No Longer Replacing DROIDs for DROIDs, Production Stopped by Motorola - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
If I got my phone through Best Buy, and pay monthly for their coverage, does that depend on Best Buy's supply? Or does Best Buy also use Asurion?

edit: I guess a partial answer to my question would be the fact that Motorola is no longer producing the Droid 1, and therefore, even if it IS based on Best Buy's supply, it would be limited.

Droid101

Reaction score
If I got my phone through Best Buy, and pay monthly for their coverage, does that depend on Best Buy's supply? Or does Best Buy also use Asurion?

Best buy is not with asurion. But my guess is that best buy will soon run out of droids for replacement. I do feel best buy may replace your phone with a phone better than what asurion wants to give you. Maybe an Incredible. Only guessing at this point just my two cents.:)