App that roots/OCs/multi-touches and tethers for $5

Status
Not open for further replies.

deputc26

Reaction score
The Sholes team just came out with it so if you are afraid of rooting and OCing this will do it all for you fr $5 it also will automatically update you to each new release that this team builds so, like fine wine, it gets better with age.

Search "sholesmod updater" in the market.

Briankbl

Reaction score
The Sholes team just came out with it so if you are afraid of rooting and OCing this will do it all for you fr $5 it also will automatically update you to each new release that this team builds so, like fine wine, it gets better with age.

Search "sholesmod updater" in the market.

Awesome! Good lookin' out!

fredm74

Reaction score
Am I understanding this correctly, they root the Droid for a $5 fee?

-Fred

OP
deputc26

deputc26

Reaction score
Am I understanding this correctly, they root the Droid for a $5 fee?

-Fred

Yes but that price includes a completely new kernel that has overclock settings of 800 and 1ghz and wireless tether and muti-touch default browser 2.1 gallery etc. etc. as well as OTA updates just like verizon does.

I'm not affiliated with them, but if you are afraid of rooting yourself then this is where it's at.

fredm74

Reaction score
Sholes

According to their site, they are going to release the .apk for FREE. $5 is just for donations. This looks very promising.

STIDRIVER

Reaction score
Very interested... What does it set the OC to? Is there a return to stock feature? If you could spell out exactly what is offered here I think it would be very helpfull...

hacku

Reaction score
Here's what's posted on their website so we know it's legit:

SholesMod Updater released

This app will download and install all the files you need for root your droid, installing sprecovery, and flash the Sholes.info mod.
Available today in the market for $5. I will be releasing the .apk for free in a day or two, so if you think that $5 is too steep, you will not have to buy it. The $5 is a donation to the entire sholes.info team for their hard work, and will give you an easy way to receive future updates for the application.

I don't however see anything stating that you will be ever to overclock the phone.

OP
deputc26

deputc26

Reaction score
Very interested... What does it set the OC to? Is there a return to stock feature? If you could spell out exactly what is offered here I think it would be very helpfull...

I don't think the first version will have a return to stock feature but I bet a later one will as this is the first feature I thought of when I considered pimping this to those uncomfortable with a manual root/OC.

You can choose an OC of 1ghz or 800 mhz, if you choose 1ghz then 800 will be one of the clockrates used when not at full load. The proc in the droid is set to ramp up to the next highest clock setting when the proc load hits 86% I believe.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
ima check it out ill post the results

Arsenalc08

Reaction score
So...

I followed all of the instructions, but I dont see anything different at all... Uhm is there more that I am supposed to do? I dont see the recovery thing it installed and it doesnt appear as though my roms changed. Did I just do the rooting part?

OP
deputc26

deputc26

Reaction score
I followed all of the instructions, but I dont see anything different at all... Uhm is there more that I am supposed to do? I dont see the recovery thing it installed and it doesnt appear as though my roms changed. Did I just do the rooting part?

did you install the app? You'll know you have it if when you plug in your phone to usb you get the option to tether when you select the usb notification in the drop-down.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
right now its fc on me

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
ok just needed to click on it again

Status
Not open for further replies.