Multi-Touch Issue

XFiraga002

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I got my HTC DNA less than a month ago and I've run into a very annoying bug. It makes pretty much every multi touch game useless!

This is the issue: When you are using two fingers on the screen and lift one, the screen will stop picking up the remaining finger. So for example, Dead Trigger: I'll be runnin and gunnin just fine but once it breaks, every time i tap to shoot, dude'll stop running. :angry:

What seems to be causing the problem: When I restart the phone it is working fine and I can even play games perfectly, but once I unlock the screen while holding the phone in landscape mode, the multitouch breaks again until i reboot again, even before starting any apps, just hitting the unlock button will make the multi touch act funny.

Has anyone experienced something similar? Does it sound like something that can be fixed or should I replace it, I don't particularly want to shell out $35 to be w/o a phone for a week just so I can get back a someone's refurb which may even have the same problem! It's killing me here, I don't know whether to return it, root it and try a ROM, or wait for some kind of OTA update.. Suggestions guys?

I'm having a lot of difficulty finding a solution to my problem, the only similar case was on someone's rezound and he fixed it by uninstalling golauncher.

Things I've tried:

Deleting any launcher type apps
Multiple restarts
Goggling it ;)

Haven't tried:
All apps uninstall
Factory reset
RMAing it

EDIT:
Woah, looks like I may have solved this myself before I even hit submit thread! dancedroid I'm gonna go ahead and finish the post in case it can help someone in the future. :biggrin:

Solution: Looks like removing the face recognition unlock and putting just the drag unlock screen on did it, not sure which of those two did it, but multi touch unbroke as soon as I switched back to the stock lockscreen, no restart necessary!

Will update if I run into the issue again, lemme know if anyone has encountered something similar!

- B!

vorter

Reaction score
What fixed this for me was turning off HTC Gestures.