Droid X Motorola Multi-Touch keyboard...

bd1212

Reaction score
Well, I'm about to go pick up my brand new Droid X and after using the one at the VZW store, I have come to LOVE the Motorola Multi-Touch keyboard, however, there's a problem. That keyboard isn't on this ROM, and I really want to run this ROM (I do not want blur) on my Droid X when I get it. Is there any way I can get the Motorola Multi-Touch keyboard on this ROM?

Thanks in advance.

Inkarnit

Reaction score
Well, I'm about to go pick up my brand new Droid X and after using the one at the VZW store, I have come to LOVE the Motorola Multi-Touch keyboard, however, there's a problem. That keyboard isn't on this ROM, and I really want to run this ROM (I do not want blur) on my Droid X when I get it. Is there any way I can get the Motorola Multi-Touch keyboard on this ROM?

Thanks in advance.

Do you not like swype? On the X, swype is really nice because the keyboard is perfectly sized for it.

OP
bd1212

bd1212

Reaction score

Thanks in advance.

Do you not like swype? On the X, swype is really nice because the keyboard is perfectly sized for it.

I do, but I don't like using swype in landscape... never have, never will. For that, I've always preferred using the Motorola Multi-Touch keyboard.

So, is there anyway to get the Motorola Multi-touch keyboard on RubiX Focused?

spy890

Reaction score
In ROM Manager, go to Drod2169, and then change options for focused 1.0. Hit download and select DefaultFocusedKeyboard. This is the multitouch keyboard.

And even though it says for focused 1.0, the keyboard works on any version of focused.

wmedina1991

Reaction score
And i believe after install you can install wjd's black mult touch keyboard over it. so it looks a bit cooler

OP
bd1212

bd1212

Reaction score
When I go into ROM Manager, I select the DefaultFocusedKeyboard so I can get the Motorola Multi-Touch Keyboard back. After it finishes downloading, I hit Reboot Recovery and it reboots and gets to the "M" and then after that it shows a triangle with an exclamation point and a little android guy, and after about 2 seconds it disappears and the phone boots up. After the phone boots up, I don't have the Motorola Multi-Touch keyboard.

Someone help me please?

Porterhouse0

Reaction score
When I go into ROM Manager, I select the DefaultFocusedKeyboard so I can get the Motorola Multi-Touch Keyboard back. After it finishes downloading, I hit Reboot Recovery and it reboots and gets to the "M" and then after that it shows a triangle with an exclamation point and a little android guy, and after about 2 seconds it disappears and the phone boots up. After the phone boots up, I don't have the Motorola Multi-Touch keyboard.

Someone help me please?

did u download 'droid x bootstrapper'...? You need to download that in the market. btw i dont even think multi touch works on focused but if it works...id like to know

Porterhouse0

Reaction score

Someone help me please?

did u download 'droid x bootstrapper'...? You need to download that in the market. btw i dont even think multi touch works on focused but if it works...id like to know

ok i was wrong...multitouch is working perfectly....i downloaded the zip file from here....Android Mods | WJD Designs

threw it on the root of sd card...rebooted into recovery...installed the zip file...looking good!

OP
bd1212

bd1212

Reaction score

Someone help me please?

ok i was wrong...multitouch is working perfectly....i downloaded the zip file from here....Android Mods | WJD Designs

threw it on the root of sd card...rebooted into recovery...installed the zip file...looking good!

Thanks man. ;)

OP
bd1212

bd1212

Reaction score

Someone help me please?

did u download 'droid x bootstrapper'...? You need to download that in the market. btw i dont even think multi Wtouch works on focused but if it works...id like to know

Hmm, with the black keyboard mod, it changes it to black which I do love so far, but I have one gripe about it... I can see through the keyboard, as in the background of the keyboard itself, is slightly transparent. Is yours like this, too? It's quite noticeable while texting in Handcent.

Reaction score
The one in rom manager is the stock multi touch that comes on the droid from the store. I'm running the very latest Focused and it works fine. After being on Apex for awhile I grew to dislike a black keyboard... HATE the AOSP keyboard.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Porterhouse0

Reaction score

Hmm, with the black keyboard mod, it changes it to black which I do love so far, but I have one gripe about it... I can see through the keyboard, as in the background of the keyboard itself, is slightly transparent. Is yours like this, too? It's quite noticeable while texting in Handcent.

yup mine is like that but i dont mind it at all...very hard to notice...plus it is well worth it considering i dont have to look at that white keyboard anymore lol

OP
bd1212

bd1212

Reaction score

yup mine is like that but i dont mind it at all...very hard to notice...plus it is well worth it considering i dont have to look at that white keyboard anymore lol

My OCD is bugging me about it... how can I remove it? I tried to patch over it with the AOSP Keyboard, but that makes it force close non-stop. I tried to patch over it with the DefaultFocusedKeyboard from ROM Manager and that doesn't change it back to the white color. It just stays black.

Help, please.

EDIT: Nevermind. I had a backup. Everything is working perfect now.

jacksradio

Reaction score

Someone help me please?

I tried to get this multi touch to work but i couldn't. It appeared to install ok but every time i choose the MT KB it would go into a force close loop...any suggestions? Also in the keyboard list it would show three keyboards..swype, android, and multitouch..not sure if it was supposed to do that or not

Last edited: