SholesMod Updater 2.0.1 Step by Step (Sticky?)

yamaha83

Reaction score
So I donated and currently on 2.0.3. Love it and running great. No FC's yet with Maps or even Home++ or launcher 2.1.

One question is, I picked a music app I dont like and not the smoked glass theme. Do I have to uninstall and reinstall to change these or can I just select "flash tar"? to reload the ROM and pick different options?? Thanks in advance!!

EDIT: Also it didnt remove the programs I selected it to, so should I re download the tgz or flash tar?

i would like to know this as well....

and i just made the leap! wa swaiting for 2.1 but since it got pushed back i decided to just root... and only been so for a little while... but wow am i happy so far!!

Last edited:

freakboy2539

Reaction score
just finally did this and with the set cpu this thing flies! its like a new phone! sholemod did a great job:) f 2.1 ill stick with this

peterjariel

Reaction score
I'm thinking I'm gonna have to unroot and root again and wipe the data cause I've been rooted for about, I don't know maybe 2 weeks and the phone has been great till the past couple of days its been fc a lot. And rebooting a lot also I haven't done anything diff. This has never happend to me till a couple of days a go. I don't know why this is happening I just got a question if I wipe the data do I have to repurchase the apps I bought? Or would it remember that I bought them?

someone

Reaction score
Everytime I try to buy the app in the market I get an error and it "cancels" the order according to email. :/ .. I also tried "http://downloads.sholes.info/smupdater.apk" and that didnt work either.

Mr.Miagi

Reaction score
One question is, I picked a music app I dont like and not the smoked glass theme. Do I have to uninstall and reinstall to change these or can I just select "flash tar"? to reload the ROM and pick different options?? Thanks in advance!!

EDIT: Also it didnt remove the programs I selected it to, so should I re download the tgz or flash tar?

Anyone know?

mtbhk44

Reaction score

Anyone know?

If you don't like the smoked glass theme you have to reflash

Buddy008

Reaction score
Couple questions... I was able to root and install without any problems, but when I go to my phone info I see the following:

Firmware Version:
Baseband Version:
C_01.3E01P
Kernel Version: 2.6.29-compcache06_unionfs253-sholes-omap1-hg10216705630d-dirty
Build Number:
SholesMod 154 (2.0.5)

I can tell that the ROM loaded, but isn't it supposed to update the firmware to 2.1? Or does it just mimic the feature set of 2.1?

Also, has anyone used Metamorph with this? It looks like a lot of the themes available are for the Cynogen (or whatever) mod. If I were to use a Metamorph theme, would I look for something for the Eclair (2.0.1) version or 2.1?

Thanks...

camcrobe

Reaction score
SholesMod 154 (2.0.5) is based on 2.0.1 not 2.1.

Couple questions... I was able to root and install without any problems, but when I go to my phone info I see the following:

Firmware Version:
Baseband Version:
C_01.3E01P
Kernel Version: 2.6.29-compcache06_unionfs253-sholes-omap1-hg10216705630d-dirty
Build Number:
SholesMod 154 (2.0.5)

I can tell that the ROM loaded, but isn't it supposed to update the firmware to 2.1? Or does it just mimic the feature set of 2.1?

Also, has anyone used Metamorph with this? It looks like a lot of the themes available are for the Cynogen (or whatever) mod. If I were to use a Metamorph theme, would I look for something for the Eclair (2.0.1) version or 2.1?

Thanks...

solorca

Reaction score
So I'm trying to do this, but I have hit a wall. When I am at the Superuser Permissions screens (#3, part 2) it's just the blank black screen with "Superuser Permissions" at the top. I have waited and waited, and restarted it about 10 times, but nothing ever comes up.

Am I doing something wrong???

Edit: nevermind, I'm an idiot. I missed the first step!

Last edited:

solorca

Reaction score
WHEW! I just completed everything and when I started to look for my programs, I didn't see any of them there. I almost had a heart attack until I noticed that they were very slowly starting to fill in.

rickt1152

Reaction score
Lost Google Nav and some other stuff

Ok, I spent the five bucks and rooted with no issues. I selected the 2.05 rom and it seemed like all went well. Followed the instructions and upon reboot I am missing Google Navigation as well as Home Screen folders. I'm not sure if there is anything else missing, but either way, what is the best way to get Google Navigation back. Also, still have standard theme, but I know part of this took as I have wifi tether installed, multitouch browser and multitouch maps. I'm a complete noob, so detailed instructions would be appreciated.

Thanks

shttp://www.droidforums.net/forum/images/smilies/mad.gif

Last edited:

renlan

Reaction score
Sweet!!

This is soooo sweet, I loaded this using the links from sholes.info (unfortunately there seems to be some internal problems over fees collected from the market right now) anyway, folowing this guide i installed the new 2.0.5 with only the features I wanted. I put the nexus one launcher I found here nexus one / sense ui style 2.1 launcher for motorola droid | droid life: a motorola droid blog on it. Used set cpu to overclock to 800 and WOW!
hacku thanks so much for this post which got me started. :icon_ devil:
and to everyone who gives info on this forum I wish I had something to contribute to help other "noobs" like me

DROID RULES!