SholesMod Updater 2.0.1 Step by Step (Sticky?)

azcards11

Reaction score
i just downloaded this app today and after installing 2.1, everything seems slower, it rebooted probably 5 times in the first 30 minutes of messing with it, now my question is, is there a way to download the 2.0.2? when i open smupdater, it only has 2.0.1 or the 2.1 which doesnt seem to run that great

as far as i know, when you download the app from the market place you are getting 2.0.2.

did you download setCPU yet?

should i uninstall the smupdater that i downloaded from the site and download it from the market? and yeah, i already have setcpu.

joemustang

Reaction score
i just downloaded this app today and after installing 2.1, everything seems slower, it rebooted probably 5 times in the first 30 minutes of messing with it, now my question is, is there a way to download the 2.0.2? when i open smupdater, it only has 2.0.1 or the 2.1 which doesnt seem to run that great

as far as i know, when you download the app from the market place you are getting 2.0.2.

did you download setCPU yet?

should i uninstall the smupdater that i downloaded from the site and download it from the market? and yeah, i already have setcpu.

hmm, im not sure, it's up to you. Im not really to knowledgeable about this stuff yet. But i chose not to get the app from the website. I went through the marketplace. from what i read the marketplace version was the was the least buggiest version, so i just paid the 5.00 and everything went really smooth.

May want to try that way.

Capt_X

Reaction score
This is buy far the best $5 I have ever spent! I was so worried about losing information or ruining my phone and this step by step and the SholesMod Updater app could not have made it any easier. My phone looks exactly like it did before I installed the new ROM except for I was able to get rid of the apps I didn't use (i.e. corp cal, email, amazon mp3, etc...). This was so freakin easy I still can't believe it. I've now got the smoked glass theme (which is awesome by the way) and am OC'd at 800 mhz. Phone is running great!

I highly recommend the SholesMod Updater app from the Market to anyone remotely thinking about rooting their droid and please donate the $5. You will NOT regret it.

Camel

Reaction score
Not sure where the rumor started, but it's false; there is no difference between the "free" and "market" versions of SMUpdater. They are the exact same file.

chadgqx

Reaction score
any ideas hot to fix maps i use this all the time??

sorry bad chad.... update google maps runs great this is incredible!!!!

Last edited:

hydrolex99

Reaction score
Launcher force closes all the time, looks great, love the app drawer as well as the 2.1 gallery but I think I'm going to unroot, I have had 7-10 force closes since rooting this afternoon.

JTAC

Reaction score
I had the same problem as well. But I later found out that if you wipe your data, you won't get force closes. Haven't gotten any since I wiped my data a few days ago.

hydrolex99

Reaction score
So when I decided to "unroot" my phone I went into the SMU updater to go back to stock 2.0.1 and I saw that the ninja was gone and that su access was denied when running the terminal emulator. I thought everything went well until I went to use my voice search and the feature is no longer on my phone! It isn't there on the Google search widget nor is it there when you long press the search soft key. I do not know what went wrong. Firmware reads 2.0.1. Baseband version reads C_01..3E.01P...Kernel version reads 2.6.29-omap1-g0dd7e0b android-build@apa26 #511

hydrolex99

Reaction score
Also, in handcent when you go to voice text it says recognizer not present and if I hit voice search in the car home It force closes. No clue what I did or what else may be wrong but everything seems to be functioning properly (thus far) except for that. Thanks in advance for taking the time out to read my posts and helping out.

Edit: I searched the forums and answered my own question. BTW this site is great and all of you knowledgeable contributors make it what it is. Thanks again.

Last edited:

bigslimfl

Reaction score
ok just donated rooted to 2.03 cause i saw the .04 full update was coming, i have one question is there a way to save and run he apps of the sd card? also is there a website for sholes or anything to fully understand the potential on this rom? thanks

sorry edited for noobness

Last edited:

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
ok just donated rooted to 2.03 cause i saw the .04 full update was coming, i have one question is there a way to save and run he apps of the sd card? also is there a website for sholes or anything to fully understand the potential on this root? thanks

sholes.info

It's a ROM...yeah it roots your phone but the ROM gives you all the features

Mr.Miagi

Reaction score
So I donated and currently on 2.0.3. Love it and running great. No FC's yet with Maps or even Home++ or launcher 2.1.

One question is, I picked a music app I dont like and not the smoked glass theme. Do I have to uninstall and reinstall to change these or can I just select "flash tar"? to reload the ROM and pick different options?? Thanks in advance!!

EDIT: Also it didnt remove the programs I selected it to, so should I re download the tgz or flash tar?

Last edited: