[ROM] | aokp | axi0m [b] | kang | 4.0.3 | 2/24/2012 |

Discussion in 'Droid Bionic Roms' started by DroidTh3ory, Feb 24, 2012.

1. crobs808

crobs808 New Member

Holy cow...data dropping? Guys, that was fixed back in March. You need to update to the latest Axi0m here:
    http://rombot.droidhive.com/ROMs/targa/AXI0M_AOKP_B15_BIONIC_3-20_SIGNED.zip
    Last edited: May 12, 2012
  2. sloscial

sloscial New Member

Data Dropping

That particular release of ROM didn't solve my data dropping issues. In fact, every ICS ROM that I've tried for my Bionic including AXI0M's B15, the AOKP and CM9s nightlies, and those from TeamGummy have had similar issues:
    1) temporary 4g connectivity (and then random loss of)
    2) 4g connectivity indication but no real connectivity (ghost 4g)
    3) requiring of toggling between GSM and CDMA/LTE using *#*#4636#*#* or Phone Info when loss occurs (rebooting sometimes solves it temporarily as well)

I do know that there are reports of getting consistent data using 3g, but I own a 4g phone and would like to use it.

In any case, I've started using Eclipse 2.2 which has been rock solid. I'd recommend anyone that has been struggling with the ICS based ROMs but hasn't tried eclipse take a look.
  3. doctordoctor

doctordoctor New Member

download link is not working... I haven't been around in months! I thought we were forgotten... still loving my kin3ct.
  4. crobs808

crobs808 New Member

Of course Eclipse has solid data, it is GB with an ICS "theme", not real ICS. Every GB rom has solid data.

As far as your problems with the AXI0M 3-20 ROM, you are most likely in a bad area (solid 3G zone, but poor 4G LTE zone). ICS handles 4G differently than GB does (not better or wose, just differently). I am in a huge city/metroplex and don't have any issues with 4G dropping. If I switch to other ICS roms I will have problems (Gummy, CM9, generic AOKP, etc.). Of course, I have coverage everywhere I drive in a 30 mile radius (never goes into 3G), so my guess is that it is your area. Even phones that were designed for ICS may drop LTE while standing still. In the same area you might have solid 3G, but lots of 4G drops w/o even moving on an official ICS phone, so unless you are in a VERY populated area (6 million+ people) you cannot rule out your area being a problem for 4G/LTE drops. The infrastructure is just not there yet, even in 2012. In fact, I don't expect the LTE infrastructure to really be as solid as current 3G nationwide until 2016. By then we'll be buying 5G, 6G phones anyway and complaining about the coverage of THAT new technology...the cycle continues.
    Last edited: May 31, 2012
  5. BigZig

BigZig New Member

I do not have data dropping issue my issue is when i rebot my phone the phone can not find a signal at all. I have try toggling airplane mode switching to CMDA then back to LTE nothing works i love this rom but this issue has made me go back to stock. Any known Fix?

The only way i have found that fixes this is to reflash the rom and this gets very annoying.
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2012
  6. deduct

deduct Well-Known Member

Try going into safestrap and erasing dalvik. Then reboot. Has worked for me when this same thing you describe has happened to me.
  7. ajjaeger

ajjaeger New Member

Crobs808's well written reply finally got me to return to my non-safe stock rooted. I don't know why I didn't do so sooner. I forgot how snappy and stable the .902 version was. Safe-strap makes the transition between safe and non-safe systems so easy. I will miss all of the ICS goodies of this rom, but without hardware acceleration and the unreliability of the data connection, it's just not suited for full time use. I can't wait for the official Bionic ICS release candidate to leak. Hopefully we'll see it sometime this summer well before Motorola's Q3 predicted roll-out. Until then, I think Gingerbread is still the best bet for us Bionic owners. I have been curious to try the Eclipse rom though (GB w/ ICS theme). I've heard nothing but good things about it.

@deduct Did the Delvik wipe fix the connectivity issues, or just lessen the frequency in which they occur? I still have axiom on my safe system. I may have to give it a try.
  8. deduct

deduct Well-Known Member

For me the dalvik wipe fixed data problems. U should wipe dalvik each time u reboot your phone while on ics rom. Hardware acceleration problems were getting to me. So I went back to eclipse.
  9. matjmonk

matjmonk New Member

I'm not meaning to hijack the thread or disrespect the dev but if you want to check out sparkyman's work on ICS, go to

ROMAXIOMCS - DROID BIONIC - droidHIVE Forums

he has two builds, one for CM9 and one for AKOP that run very well. He has the open init.d fix and scripts that wipe cache on every reboot so the data issues are definitely minimized. I won't say they are gone (probably won't be until Moto/VZW gets off their collective rears and gives us and ICS update) but I've been running it for a couple of days and it seems to be doing pretty good (I'm also on .905). The data issues plagued me on the other ICS/CM9 ROMS to the point I never stayed on one for more than a few hours. Also, I'm not sure what the dev did but the games like Angry Birds that rely on HW acelleration work very well. Of course the FFC, video recording and face unlock still don't work but it is still quite impressive.

Cheers
  10. CD95YJ

CD95YJ New Member

My issue with axiom and all the ICS builds for that matter is when/if I reboot my phone my hotkeys stay lit when the screen is off. they turn off with the screen as log as I do not turn off or reboot my phone. I have done the dalvik cache and even normal cache wipes and neither work. Short of doing a full data wipe and reinstall does anyone have an idea of how to resolve this?
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2012
  11. hilltophunter

hilltophunter New Member

Toggle auto brightness

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
  12. matjmonk

matjmonk New Member

I was going to say that, but you beat me to it!! This is a known issue on the ICS/CM9 ROMS but it's an easy fix, no wipes, no fuss, no muss!

:icon_ lala:
  13. solution

solution New Member

Are there any IRC chat groups devoted to ICS/bionic?
  14. jickracer007

jickracer007 New Member

Yes there is an ICS icq chat in Droid Bionic forums.
    It's a specific forum site dedicated to the"Bionic"
  15. rwking

rwking New Member

DL link is broken.
  16. rwking

rwking New Member

Can someone edit the OP to include a working DL link? Thanks! :)
  17. roboticsguy1988

roboticsguy1988 New Member

*bump* Yea, the download link is still broken :-(.
  18. Tegamal

Tegamal New Member

How sad is it that the only thing I want in a ROM is the notification bar widgets? Why can't anyone other than Samsung see that those are a great idea? Did they patent that or something?

Looks good, can't wait to see a non-beta version!
  19. kamisan

kamisan Member

power control plus gives you some of it. you can create your specific drop down controls. works fairly well
Search tags for this page

aokp ics wont play boot sound

aokp rom for droid 3 no service

your mobile data service couldn't be activated. this may be