[ROM] | aokp | axi0m [b] | kang | 4.0.3 | 2/24/2012 |

gsDroid

Reaction score
Hey Th3ory (or anyone else),
Any idea why this ROM (and MIUI) doesn't recognize my sd-ext contents, while Gummy and CM9 read it just fine.
When I say it doesnt recognize sd-ext, I mean that my gallery and music apps show up blank. I can navigate to my media files through the File Manager in the ROM, but they don't show up in the Media apps.
Try this: Use Root Explorer and check if you see anything under /sd-ext. All I see is just the Parent folder. Now start at /mnt and go to /mnt/sd-ext. You should see your files on the microsd card. It seems to be missing the mount point just going to /sd-ext, but the files are there. All my pictures and music do show up in the gallery and music apps. Don't know why yours don't.

ripdoozer

Reaction score
Try this: Use Root Explorer and check if you see anything under /sd-ext. All I see is just the Parent folder. Now start at /mnt and go to /mnt/sd-ext. You should see your files on the microsd card. It seems to be missing the mount point just going to /sd-ext, but the files are there. All my pictures and music do show up in the gallery and music apps. Don't know why yours don't.

Yeah, I tried that too. I don't use Root Explorer, just the File Manager in the rom. I know it saw the files just browsing to SD-EXT, but I didnt try to look through the MNT parent.

I will check it out and let you know. I really want to run Axi0m.....but need my files.

UPDATE: Flashed Axi0m and i can see all of my files through File Manager under "mnt" and straight through the sd-ext parent. But the ROM still doesn't load the files into their respective apps.
this is getting really annoying.

Last edited:

gsDroid

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, if you take a picture and exit the camera app and start the gallery app, do you not see the picture?

ripdoozer

Reaction score
Wierdest thing. I flashed he ROM (Axi0m) to test the camera gallery thing you mentioned. Checked the gallery. Nothing there. Snapped a couple of pics. Checked the gallery and they were there, but just the pics I took. Then, I checked now. About a half an hour later and all of my pics and my music is loaded into the apps. Not sure if the camera thing had anything to do with it or if it just took that long for them to load. Either way, I am happy.

UPDATE: Still not working on MIUI....at least I have Axi0m though.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Last edited:

gsDroid

Reaction score
Wow, that is strange. I'm glad you can now see/hear your media. I'm loving the AXI0M roms myself and didn't have to mess with it for my media.

Joshua815

Reaction score
I have this ROM on my RAZR and was able to find the download like very easily in the forums here.I would love to put the ROM onto my Bionic but this one takes me to a mirror site where i cant find ****. please help???

Reaction score
how's the battery life? Particularly compared to eclipse, as that's my current rom....

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
how's the battery life? Particularly compared to eclipse, as that's my current rom....

I have Eclipse 2.2 on my safe side of Safestrap and for the last 3 weeks run axi0m AOKP instead. I consistently average 24 hours with moderate to heavy use on axi0m. No battery savers running and a mix of Wi-Fi and 3G. I have been having annoying flaky data signal the past few days but I expect it will work itself out. DroidTh3ory creates solid builds.

wooddale

Reaction score
I have Eclipse 2.2 on my safe side of Safestrap and for the last 3 weeks run axi0m AOKP instead. I consistently average 24 hours with moderate to heavy use on axi0m. No battery savers running and a mix of Wi-Fi and 3G. I have been having annoying flaky data signal the past few days but I expect it will work itself out. DroidTh3ory creates solid builds.

There is no way you can get 24 hrs out oy a battery on heavy use moderate and wifi maybe. If you use your phone your gonna use battery just loke when you use a lap top on battery it just hasto happen

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
There is no way you can get 24 hrs out oy a battery on heavy use moderate and wifi maybe. If you use your phone your gonna use battery just loke when you use a lap top on battery it just hasto happen

Yep, Moderate use, mostly wifi:
Screenshot_2012-03-13-21-52-16.png

Reaction score
Wow that's great. Extended battery i'm assuming? And did you have it plugged in or on sleep at any point?

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
Wow that's great. Extended battery i'm assuming? And did you have it plugged in or on sleep at any point?

Yep, extended battery. No sleep or interim charges, If I do, the battery run time resets.

Pony_

Reaction score
Okay so I'm new to ROM switching, I had CM7 on my Droid original and that's as far as I went. What's the .90X update, how do I get it, and where's the download on this page? I can't seem to find it. also I'd appreciate a link to the newest bootstrapper incase the one I have (4.0.1.5 IIRC) is outdated. sorry to ask so much and thank you!

useltonm

Reaction score
Okay so I'm new to ROM switching, I had CM7 on my Droid original and that's as far as I went. What's the .90X update, how do I get it, and where's the download on this page? I can't seem to find it. also I'd appreciate a link to the newest bootstrapper incase the one I have (4.0.1.5 IIRC) is outdated. sorry to ask so much and thank you!

The .90x update is the latest ota(.902) update and leaked(.901) update.

I don't believe the link in the first post is current. If you want the latest Axiom version, you can find it at Droidhive.com/forums

You can also get the latest bootstrap and safestrap there. Most people when playing with ics builds seem to prefer safestrap as it allows you to go back to a stable build or stock if you find features lacking. If you already know about safestrap, sorry for assuming you don't know it's benefits.

TheRandomPirate

Reaction score
I start my phone up and get a notification that says "com.android.phone is not responding". it pops up endlessly and Ive had to stay on my stock rom... please help >.<