[ROM] | aokp | axi0m [b] | kang | 4.0.3 | 2/24/2012 |

elvtiv

Reaction score
Voice Search isn't working for me either. I rooted and flashed the Axiom Rom yesterday. So far, I'm loving it! I've tried removing/readding the google search widget, but no dice. The "intro" video popped up for me when I used it the first time, and I just hit cancel. Since then, the box comes up, but just a circle without the microphone comes up.-----> so, it just started working after I started typing this post. Not sure what happened, but I'll take it! Great job on the ROM again. Would like to be able to arrange apps in folders in the app drawer like GO Launcher. Maybe a future update?

r1nstang

Reaction score
wiped data and cache and tried again. no com.android.phone FC but it locks up on some games. wheres my water and Flick Golf. dont know what causes the lockup since sometimes its perfectly fine and will play until im bored..other times it will freeze up while loading and sometimes locks up after a few holes on flick golf. maybe its running out of memory since i have safestrap installed and the dual boot is eating up the memory on the phone?? possibility?

BlacknTan

Reaction score
I wouldn't count solely on switching between safe and unsafe as a means of backing up your working (non-ics) rom. I have had it happen twice where safestrap failed to properly restore my unsafe backup when i switched from safe mode and i had to restore from a saved backup.

It would be a good idea to backup your rom first before switching over to safe mode, just in case.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Last edited:

wooddale

Reaction score
I wouldn't count solely on switching between safe and unsafe as a means of backing up your working (non-ics) rom. I have had it happen twice where safestrap failed to properly restore my unsafe backup when i switched from safe mode and i had to restore from a saved backup.

It would be a good idea to backup your rom first before switching over to safe mode, just in case.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

+1 Same thing happen to me I did same thing I always make sure I have backups. Thats why I dont care for safestrap. If you do everything the way you are supposed to in bootstrap it always works

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
So after all the mental hemming and hawing I did about installing this, now I can't download it? The link takes me to a Wordpress page, there are no ROMs to download in the ICS section.

themufferman

Reaction score
I have a problem that I haven't read about anywhere yet. The ROM was great, ran fine, no FCs only camera and data issues as posted. The one significant problem occurred randomly when I rebooted the phone. While booting up, before the boot animation, I would get a notification that android was optimizing my applications. It would countdown all of my 100 apps or so and then restart. It would say it was starting applications and then just sit there. After about 15 minutes of leaving it there, I had to pull the battery. After that it was stuck in a boot loop. This happened two different times. Both times were on a Wednesday (not saying its connected but still strange). Any answers to why this might happen? I have since gone back to stock rooted and it kinda sucks but its better than a bricked phone for an entire day at work.

wooddale

Reaction score
I have a problem that I haven't read about anywhere yet. The ROM was great, ran fine, no FCs only camera and data issues as posted. The one significant problem occurred randomly when I rebooted the phone. While booting up, before the boot animation, I would get a notification that android was optimizing my applications. It would countdown all of my 100 apps or so and then restart. It would say it was starting applications and then just sit there. After about 15 minutes of leaving it there, I had to pull the battery. After that it was stuck in a boot loop. This happened two different times. Both times were on a Wednesday (not saying its connected but still strange). Any answers to why this might happen? I have since gone back to stock rooted and it kinda sucks but its better than a bricked phone for an entire day at work.

IMO this rom is good but is not ready for prime time yet. Try Eclipse its not ICS but everything works and its smooth as hell

battle

Reaction score

Sounds like you need to reflash. Wipe data, wipe cache, wipe dalvik, format system, and reflash.
I've run into issues like that that were solved after reflashing.

Bwilly1892

Reaction score
Sounds like you need to reflash. Wipe data, wipe cache, wipe dalvik, format system, and reflash.
I've run into issues like that that were solved after reflashing.

i had this same problem even after repeating the process... i thought you was caused possibly from mybackup pro and restoring all the settings and it kind of through the system in a loop... i also have a problem when i put this on if i reboot the phone later, the bottom lights stay on the menu while in idle... im going back to 902 as have had many problems with it... was great to see ICS on the bionic and coming along very nice... cant wait till its done

wooddale

Reaction score
i had this same problem even after repeating the process... i thought you was caused possibly from mybackup pro and restoring all the settings and it kind of through the system in a loop... i also have a problem when i put this on if i reboot the phone later, the bottom lights stay on the menu while in idle... im going back to 902 as have had many problems with it... was great to see ICS on the bionic and coming along very nice... cant wait till its done
Try Eclipse your gonna like it

Bwilly1892

Reaction score
Try Eclipse your gonna like it

does it work with 902? since the day the phone came out i have been only using roms from theory... he doesnt have anything as of now that works with 902 i believe so willing to get it a shot if it is compatible with 902

wooddale

Reaction score
does it work with 902? since the day the phone came out i have been only using roms from theory... he doesnt have anything as of now that works with 902 i believe so willing to get it a shot if it is compatible with 902

Yes it is compatable with 902. Wipe data, cache,and davlik Flash. I think this is it http://db.tt/ZJtvferH

battle

Reaction score

OK. I'm not exactly sure about Axi0m Kang 3-6-2012, but whenever you flash these roms, its usually a good idea not to restore any backups. I know it sounds like a pain but manually putting your apps back and setting up your phone IS the best way to keep your phone bug free. Sometimes the data that is restored from a recovery will cause bugs. Its a trade off.

You CAN use this ICS rom as a daily driver provided you don't need:

1. Bluetooth connectivity (haven't tried my bluetooth car adapter with 3-6-2012) but I do know that when you have bluetooth on, you can't speak into the physical mic on the phone for a call (but you can switch it off during the call and you will be able to speak with your caller)

2. Netflix or ESPN scorecenter video (youtube seems to work without problems, but you can't stream netflix videos or watch espn highlights from the scorecenter video widget)

3. Front Facing Camera (they did get the normal camera to work and if you want 8MP pictures, just download the ICS+ camera app)

Also:

If your soft keys remain illuminated, here is how you fix it (provided your restoring of backups did not cause any extra bugs)
1. start from the phone with screen off and locked
2. unlock it and change the brightness settings (from whatever you were on to some other level of brightness)
3. hit the lock button (again provided you haven't created any new bugs, your soft keys should turn off)

If this is all too much for you, then stay on the stock.
Most days I use the stock, but thats ONLY because I like netflix and espn highlights and NHL gamecenter...