Anyone Recieve The OTA Yet?

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
Here is my battery usages for most of the day today. Is this normal? Seems like ics eats more battery than gb. Plus, I can't seem to find a way to turn off the background data. I did set a usage limit and restrict the background data. The icon is on the top menu dropdown bar. But I can still connect to google play. On gb I could disable it and not connect to google play.

View attachment 50044

JeffDenver

Reaction score
Here is my battery usages for most of the day today. Is this normal? Seems like ics eats more battery than gb.
Definitely it does. IMO, this is due to increased CPU usage...ICS is actually taking advantage of both cores now. Stuff that you used to use only one core before is now using both. That is why it is so much faster (well, part of the reason anyway).

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Here is my battery usages for most of the day today. Is this normal? Seems like ics eats more battery than gb. Plus, I can't seem to find a way to turn off the background data. I did set a usage limit and restrict the background data. The icon is on the top menu dropdown bar. But I can still connect to google play. On gb I could disable it and not connect to google play.

View attachment 50044

Background data is on a app by app basis. Go into mobile usage then click an app listed at the bottom. Scroll down and you can check restrict mobile data (if you have a data restriction in place).

JeffDenver

Reaction score
I have the extended battery as well...I have not noticed a huge decrease in battery life, but it is lower. Also it runs about 5 or 8 degrees hotter (again, I assume this is due to increased CPU load).

The only time I notice significant battery loss is if I am using live wallpapers. Under ICS, the Rezound is completely smooth even using live wallpaper...I get high frame rates and no lag. So it is tempting to leave them on now, heh heh. But they do eat battery like candy.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not to put a damper on things, but the HTC Sensation 4G had "release candidate" leaks a couple of months ago that seemed very final, and is just now set to finally get ICS via OTA this week - and that's on T-Mobile. So we could still be more than a few weeks away on this.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Not to put a damper on things, but the HTC Sensation 4G had "release candidate" leaks a couple of months ago that seemed very final, and is just now set to finally get ICS via OTA this week - and that's on T-Mobile. So we could still be more than a few weeks away on this.

No damper placed. I think most people already gave up on the OTA lol. Now if only HTC could give us ICS source so the ROM guys could make AOSP/CM9.

RPW

Reaction score
Two things I was hoping would happen by the time I'm ready to pick up my Rezound in about 1 month... ICS will already be installed, and the price will come down from the current $179. Here's a question: Would VZ be so slimy as to raise the price after ICS becomes the out-of-the-box version? Do they have a history of doing things like this? My current flip phone is +4 years old, so I haven't had any dealings with VZ wireless since then.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Two things I was hoping would happen by the time I'm ready to pick up my Rezound in about 1 month... ICS will already be installed, and the price will come down from the current $179. Here's a question: Would VZ be so slimy as to raise the price after ICS becomes the out-of-the-box version? Do they have a history of doing things like this? My current flip phone is +4 years old, so I haven't had any dealings with VZ wireless since then.

No chance the price will go up. If anything Verizon will do another $50 deal to see if they can push more stock.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well it looks like the HTC Sensation is getting Android 4.0 officially on Wednesday. That means we'll probably get ours a month from now :mad: Another device that gets it before a Verizon device. Man Verizon I hate you.

JeffDenver

Reaction score
You would hate them worse if they screwed it up.

Thats why I can't really blame Verizon. Whenever they rush something out, if there is even ONE flaw people will whine and ***** endlessly about it. There is no way to win. So they would probably rather hear *****ing about delays than people whining about trivial flaws.

So I blame the whiney users, not Verizon.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Verizon didn't care about breaking my Bionic with their updates, and how come At&t was able to push the Vivid update months ago. It's essentially the same phone as ours (different radios). I blame it on Verizon having other priorities...like making horrible droid razr commercials. I am probably going to have to get a gsm nexus next time around even though I like HTC and Sense the best, so I don't have to wait 6-8 months for updates. I wouldn't give any credit to Verizon, they are the epitome of a greedy corporation.