[Official] Turbo 2 M update thread

Wadman

Reaction score
Ok! That's freaking awesome. Thank you so much for the update, and for being a guinea pig, LOL.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
No problem at all. I figured that it would still work because it takes it a little bit to recycle the signal. I use an app to refresh the signal, when icon changes I click the hotspot and it works like a charm.

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I gotta say....M feels like a .5 update to me. This is the update so many people were complaining and ranting and whining about not getting? Really? Meh.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I like it, but agree that it's not what all the fuss was about. And....now that it's out....chirp chirp. Awful quiet from all the "I have to have it now" folks.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
No problem at all. I figured that it would still work because it takes it a little bit to recycle the signal. I use an app to refresh the signal, when icon changes I click the hotspot and it works like a charm.
Ok, that's great. Hey by the way what app do you use to "refresh" the signal? There was some indication that toggling Airplane mode allowed the process to work but it failed to work at all for me.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Ok, that's great. Hey by the way what app do you use to "refresh" the signal? There was some indication that toggling Airplane mode allowed the process to work but it failed to work at all for me.

Did you dive into the Marshmallow pile FoxKat?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Working on the second part download ATM. First part was obviously successful. I'll let y'all know once done.

Wadman

Reaction score

In the playstore its called Network Signal Refresher Lite by 8JAPPS. It works almost everytime for me.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I'll put this here at the end..with the way some of our apps update every few days for no good reason... And sometimes wind up non functional when they do..I think vzw should eat the cost of doing ota's it doesn't happen that often and they sure as hell shouldn't be able to block us from taking them if we choose.

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I'm not saying it's the data that is the reason, 94lt1. I think it's more because of the quality of the download. They don't want to be fielding tech support calls because you had to have that update RIGHT NOW and you went through a dead spot so it failed and you have to try again, but then it happened again and now you're all ticked off at vzw and now you're calling REALLY mad and demanding that this should work better and people are ranting all over the net because OTA 1.5GB updates just keep failing and and and and.....
There's just no way for this to NOT end badly.
;)

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Just like you stated, works like a charm. Thank you for your input and assistance.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I'm not saying it's the data that is the reason, 94lt1. I think it's more because of the quality of the download. They don't want to be fielding tech support calls because you had to have that update RIGHT NOW and you went through a dead spot so it failed and you have to try again, but then it happened again and now you're all ticked off at vzw and now you're calling REALLY mad and demanding that this should work better and people are ranting all over the net because OTA 1.5GB updates just keep failing and and and and.....
There's just no way for this to NOT end badly.
;)
But really...you could wind up with pretty significant issues from a crappy wifi connection ..but idk..I never use Wi-Fi.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Did you dive into the Marshmallow pile FoxKat?

I did, last night. Just getting used to things, like the new dialer screen and such.

It is mostly a soft landing!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I have unlimited data. Just updated to MM..and can confirm that the hotspot workaround works. I could only use bluetooth tether before because the wifi would never kick on. I refreshed my signal, hit the hotspot icon in pull down...and boom, I can use the hotspot. Really glad that this still works. Hope this helps.

In the playstore its called Network Signal Refresher Lite by 8JAPPS. It works almost everytime for me.

OK, so I created another fast option to do this (using your app find for the network). I put the icon for the "Network Signal Refresher Lite" by 8JAPPS (Network Signal Refresher Lite - Android Apps on Google Play), into a folder on the home screen, and then added the widget "Tethering Shortcut" by Kabasoft (Tethering Shortcut - Android Apps on Google Play), and now it's all done from the home screen. Tap the network refresh icon, hit Refresh, Tap home, Tap Tethering Shortcut, tap Mobile Hotspot.

I named the folder "Hotspot".

12b4beafb82ae51554edb1074aeab9b8.jpg

29522404f0de68828f9863924f0bb494.jpg

Done. Don't have to pull down the status bar this way. I'm still looking for a way to make this one tap, but at least this works every time.

Last edited: