OTA update

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mine didn't automatically install. I got a screen asking if i wanted to install now or later after checking settings, software update , status

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this TapaTalk post

OP
E

esheesle

Reaction score
Tried that, it just shows that there is an update but no options to do anything.

OP
E

esheesle

Reaction score
So has anyone who debloated successfully installed this?

cp24eva

Reaction score
i debloated and I still was able to download and install the OTA. The install wasn't automatic. I had to go to the screen where is says i had an update and press the OK button then it went through it's reboot and install and reboot and install process.

OP
E

esheesle

Reaction score
Ughhh, can't explain my issues then. I get the beep after download but nothing seems to cause it to install. Are you perm rooted?

drknrgy

Reaction score
I just tried a second download/install on a debloated with root/unlocked and it does not install. I don't think I'll be doing a reset to get this ota until I hear from others who have perm root/unlocked rezound

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

cp24eva

Reaction score
Nope. with this phone the way it is and probably will be, I didn't see the reason to perm root it. works just fine for me. I had to root my bionic and mod it up, still gave me occasional issues, but not as many as when stock. But thats a different phone different story, different time.

Maybe there are certain programs that when frozen, messed things up. I don't know.

OP
E

esheesle

Reaction score
I just tried a second download/install on a debloated with root/unlocked and it does not install. I don't think I'll be doing a reset to get this ota until I hear from others who have perm root/unlocked rezound

What issue do you encounter when trying to install?

drknrgy

Reaction score
Same here with the beep notification after download but no install. Rooted also.

drknrgy

Reaction score
It will not install. Can't force it to install. I'm sure if I searched for the zip....

JeffDenver

Reaction score
It will not install. Can't force it to install. I'm sure if I searched for the zip....
You can force an install. Just go to the Software Update screen, click on "status" and let it sit there for about 10 minutes...another window will eventually pop up asking you if you want to run the update.

drknrgy

Reaction score

JeffDenver

Reaction score
Thanks for that write up. Interested to see if you can re root. Figures on the bloat. I just don't see how it's tied into the update though.
I have not experimented with it enough to know what specifically it choked on. I had (manually) moved the APKs for some Sense items, All verizon items, and most pre-installed apps.

Rerooting should be easy. I am not worried about it. I dont think it re-locked. I still have Superuser installed and I have read access to all folders.

drknrgy

Reaction score
I have not experimented with it enough to know what specifically it choked on. I had (manually) moved the APKs for some Sense items, All verizon items, and most pre-installed apps.

Rerooting should be easy. I am not worried about it. I dont think it re-locked. I still have Superuser installed and I have read access to all folders.

So I am gathering from what you're describing it did not cause a complete wipe to factory? Any thoughts on performing a nandroid restore from backup? Also if I'm not mistaken you should be able to check lock or unlock from hboot ?