[Official] Turbo 2 M update thread

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
OK, so I created another fast option to do this (using your app find for the network). I put the icon for the "Network Signal Refresher Lite" by 8JAPPS (Network Signal Refresher Lite - Android Apps on Google Play), into a folder on the home screen, and then added the widget "Tethering Shortcut" by Kabasoft (Tethering Shortcut - Android Apps on Google Play), and now it's all done from the home screen. Tap the network refresh icon, hit Refresh, Tap home, Tap Tethering Shortcut, tap Mobile Hotspot.

I named the folder "Hotspot".

12b4beafb82ae51554edb1074aeab9b8.jpg

29522404f0de68828f9863924f0bb494.jpg

Done. Don't have to pull down the status bar this way. I'm still looking for a way to make this one tap, but at least this works every time.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Another update to this method. Instead of the Lite version of the Network Refresher tool, spring the couple bucks for the paid version and you get a widget ( Network Signal Refresher Pro - Android Apps on Google Play). Now the entire process takes three taps, one on the Network Refresher icon, one on the Tethering Shortcut icon, and one on Mobile Hotspot in the screen that comes up.

a5ac78d8e3d42d897900811bfc6cbd87.jpg

amtrak23

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Maxx
Can someone double check and see if this method has been blocked now by the 24.31.22 update? I can't get it to work today after getting the update last night.

Another update to this method. Instead of the Lite version of the Network Refresher tool, spring the couple bucks for the paid version and you get a widget ( Network Signal Refresher Pro - Android Apps on Google Play). Now the entire process takes three taps, one on the Network Refresher icon, one on the Tethering Shortcut icon, and one on Mobile Hotspot in the screen that comes up.

amtrak23

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Maxx
I updated yesterday and can confirm that this method still works for me.

Thanks for the response. I have been playing with it for a while and finally managed to get it turned on twice, but the hotspot disconnected on its own after about 10mins or so.

I have been using this method since May with no issues. I could always enable it on the first try, now it's taking me 7-10 tries. Nothing has changed on my phone since Monday when I last used it for about an hr with no disconnect issue.

Any ideas on what to check to see what is messing it up? Should I try a factory reset?

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Getting error can't forward or attach from Google message re re attachments etc since recent update that enabled wifi call what do I have to change to get apps to work as relates to overlay prompt

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Getting error can't forward or attach from Google message re re attachments etc since recent update that enabled wifi call what do I have to change to get apps to work as relates to overlay prompt

I think you already started a new thread for the same question.

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I think you already started a new thread for the same question.

Silly Tapatalk. Can a forum wiz post a cross link from this thread to the other thread as I am too tired to do it zzzzing Night LOL

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3

Silly Tapatalk. Can a forum wiz post a cross link from this thread to the other thread as I am too tired to do it zzzzing Night LOL

For Overlay solution;
http://www.droidforums.net/index.php?threads/291720/

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk