anyone with leak get ota ics??

MrToneBonez

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone who downloaded the latest leak has actually been successful in receiving the ics ota?

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I've only heard of one(maybe two) people getting the OTA at all, much less people with the leak.

johnfish

Reaction score
MrSmith,

I was not on the leak but I was able to pull the update from the check new screen. It is downloading as I type.

John

JeffDenver

Reaction score
I'd also like to know what if any data is wiped in the process.

maximum

Reaction score
I am on the leak and would like to know as well. I wonder if I have to reenable the bloat.

Sent via TADIL-A

jvc

Reaction score
My coworker on GB got the OTA. I am on the .10 leak and have not gotten the OTA.

samiusmc

Reaction score
I'm not on the leak but I got the OTA ICS this morning. I was able to pull it by checking for the update via settings. It's running smooth. Also, the update doesn't wipe your data.

maximum

Reaction score
I downloaded the ruu so if nothing else I'll flash that. I will bet Verizon has a code placed in the script to look only for GB.

Sent via TADIL-A

nissmo66

Reaction score
maximum said:
I downloaded the ruu so if nothing else I'll flash that. I will bet Verizon has a code placed in the script to look only for GB.

Sent via TADIL-A

Hmmm I wonder

HowardZ

Reaction score
When I heard about the OTA, I immediately put my phone into airplane mode, because I am afraid Verizon might bundle it with possible phone controlling, root killing, bootloader locking, s-off killing firmware. Yes, I am a bit paranoid after what Verizon did to the Motorola Droid-X in its last update.

I downloaded the RUU PH98IMG.zip file from android police. Installed it twice - works fine.

I was on the 3.14.605.10 leak, rooted with SuperSU, stock hboot, and stock recovery.

Now on 3.14.605.12, and everything appears exactly the same as the earlier leak.

I used Fastboot boot rarecovery.img to boot ra ramon recovery when I need it. I don't install/flash it, thus the phone always has the stock recovery installed. I used ra ramon recovery to install the SuperSU zip file to root the phone.

Keep in mind that SuperUser from the SuperUser author's website will not root the ICS Leak, as I tried many versions of Superuser unsuccessfully. SuperUser is open source, and someone has hacked it to work on the ICS Leak, but I do not know where to download it, so I used SuperSU instead. The two products do the same job. So, the SuperSU zip file is installed using CWM, Ra ramon, or touch recovery to obtain root.

Regards,

Howard

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
So the question still has not been answered or has it? So far no one with the leak has gotten the OTA. I'm talking about stock and locked phones not rooted.

OP
MrToneBonez

MrToneBonez

Reaction score
Yeah it seems If you have a leak than no ota:-( . Is there any way to revert back to stock If you never rooted or unlocked and only downloaded a leak?