Another battery thread

stryguy

Reaction score
I get 1 day + out of my battery and I use the phone a fair amount. 2 hours of phone calls, 30 to 40 texts and that amount is growing, I download apps during lunch and live wall papers to play with and pass my breaks/lunch times.

Yesterday I put my phone on the charger and it was 1 day 6 hours and had 30% charge.

I don't know what you guys have running but I suggest you download system panel and let it run for 8 hours and see.

fbmustang69

Reaction score
I had a battery problem untill i removed ATK, drained and charged over night. My phone would last about 4-5 hours before this. I removed widgets and tried each one I found the the ATK used about 10% more jucie an hour. I also take the battery out every morning for a fresh restart. My phone last about 9 hours with all the widgets installed back on. So i say no ATK for me. I just use the one installed on the phone. This helped me I hope it will help someone else.

OP
R

rfranken

Reaction score
according to a fully calibrated Battery Left widget....my dx will go 11 hours with a full charge if i never use it. if i use it...of course it will drain much quicker. I'm saying no usage....the drain coming from idle and cell standby in a full 4 bar 3G area.

that's Far from acceptable.
(with an emphasis on FAR)

edit....at the rate i use the phone on a normal day. i need to gas it up twice besides the normal over night charge. normal for me is a couple phone calls. 10 txts. and internet browsing here and there.

Last edited:

fishstick600

Reaction score
12 hours from unplugging and im at 50% with moderate use throughout the day. I don't use any task killers because they use more battery than it saves.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

hazynighthawk

Reaction score
i unplugged at 7 am today with everything off. i text throughout the day and use the web etc. i send around 500ish texts a day give or take i know its alot of screen draw but still it was 40 percent when i got out of work today at 2 i cannot wait for that extended battery that supposed to be the same size as current battery im buying the day it drops

fbmustang69

Reaction score
12 hours from unplugging and im at 50% with moderate use throughout the day. I don't use any task killers because they use more battery than it saves.

That's really good. Do you have widgets, wifi, gps on?

debdroid1a

Reaction score
Unplugged at 7:20 am, at 4:52 pm 70% left on my Droid. Just checking twitter, gmail once for one e-mail, text messages and read one... weather widget, battery widget, google calendar widget...
I guess 70% isn't too bad, but I didn't get to watch a tv show at lunch... then play around on my phone. oh well (that takes up almost 10% of the battery--goes from 100% to 90% when I pull from a charge).

I'm getting an extra USB cable for work (I forgot mine today, 2nd time I've done this so it's time for one to stay at home and one at work).

fishstick600

Reaction score
Im at 14 hours now and i've been playing games and browsing for the past two hours down to 20% so time to charge.

fishstick600

Reaction score
Mustang yes i have a lot of widgets on but now wi fi or gps. Also i keep my screen turned down as low as i can unless im outside.