My x is giving faulty battery use readings

Discussion in 'Droid X Tech Support' started by rboutin2, Jul 30, 2010.

1. rboutin2

rboutin2 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I took my x off the charger this morning at like 6:30 a.m. I was using it off and on all day for voice calls, and web browsing, etc. About 5:00 p.m. I had around 70% battery left. I checked out my engagdet and onin news network app and then after 5 min of reading, I was down to 30%. 5 min after that, at 20%. Looked at my battery use readings, and it only says Display 42%, voice Calls 40%, Cell standby 15%, and phone idle 5%. The clencher is that it says 3h 19m 23s since unplugged. I havent had it plugged in since 6:30 am. It's 10:57 pm now. I'm no math expert but I dont think thats 3 hours. Also, Shouldnt there be more apps in the battery use section? Like, what do some of your phones say after a day of mild use in the battery use area?

2. gujupmp88

gujupmp88 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    the phone resets that menu if you either charge the phone, no matter how long its on the charger, or turn the phone off.

3. bigd73

bigd73 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The battery manager needs to "learn" your battery. I "taught" the battery manager by letting my X run all the way down and power itself off two times in a row. Now my battery manager reads a much more accurate battery level and actually lasts as long as the advertised 8 hours.

The battery manager records how long the battery lasts at different voltage levels and then turns this into a voltage over time scale that it can create a percentage chart from.

I too would like an app that will display a more in depth look at what is really causing my battery to discharge when I'm using it instead of the lame "Display" and "Voice Calls" etc.:work3:

4. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Did you mount it to a computer? that would change the plug in time.

I'm not saying you're as dumb as me but I did this the other day. Took me a bit to figure out that I had mounted the darn thing.

5. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +204
    Current Phone Model:
    HTC One M8
    Twitter:
    @Shadez69
    Ahh ..when I saw subject I thought this was about something else..<g>