1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

My x is giving faulty battery use readings

Discussion in 'Droid X Tech Support' started by rboutin2, Jul 30, 2010.

1. rboutin2

rboutin2 New Member

I took my x off the charger this morning at like 6:30 a.m. I was using it off and on all day for voice calls, and web browsing, etc. About 5:00 p.m. I had around 70% battery left. I checked out my engagdet and onin news network app and then after 5 min of reading, I was down to 30%. 5 min after that, at 20%. Looked at my battery use readings, and it only says Display 42%, voice Calls 40%, Cell standby 15%, and phone idle 5%. The clencher is that it says 3h 19m 23s since unplugged. I havent had it plugged in since 6:30 am. It's 10:57 pm now. I'm no math expert but I dont think thats 3 hours. Also, Shouldnt there be more apps in the battery use section? Like, what do some of your phones say after a day of mild use in the battery use area?
  2. gujupmp88

gujupmp88 New Member

the phone resets that menu if you either charge the phone, no matter how long its on the charger, or turn the phone off.
  3. bigd73

bigd73 New Member

The battery manager needs to "learn" your battery. I "taught" the battery manager by letting my X run all the way down and power itself off two times in a row. Now my battery manager reads a much more accurate battery level and actually lasts as long as the advertised 8 hours.

The battery manager records how long the battery lasts at different voltage levels and then turns this into a voltage over time scale that it can create a percentage chart from.

I too would like an app that will display a more in depth look at what is really causing my battery to discharge when I'm using it instead of the lame "Display" and "Voice Calls" etc.:work3:
  4. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Did you mount it to a computer? that would change the plug in time.

I'm not saying you're as dumb as me but I did this the other day. Took me a bit to figure out that I had mounted the darn thing.
  5. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team Staff Member Premium Member

Ahh ..when I saw subject I thought this was about something else..<g>