My x is giving faulty battery use readings

rboutin2

Reaction score
I took my x off the charger this morning at like 6:30 a.m. I was using it off and on all day for voice calls, and web browsing, etc. About 5:00 p.m. I had around 70% battery left. I checked out my engagdet and onin news network app and then after 5 min of reading, I was down to 30%. 5 min after that, at 20%. Looked at my battery use readings, and it only says Display 42%, voice Calls 40%, Cell standby 15%, and phone idle 5%. The clencher is that it says 3h 19m 23s since unplugged. I havent had it plugged in since 6:30 am. It's 10:57 pm now. I'm no math expert but I dont think thats 3 hours. Also, Shouldnt there be more apps in the battery use section? Like, what do some of your phones say after a day of mild use in the battery use area?

gujupmp88

Reaction score
the phone resets that menu if you either charge the phone, no matter how long its on the charger, or turn the phone off.

bigd73

Reaction score
The battery manager needs to "learn" your battery. I "taught" the battery manager by letting my X run all the way down and power itself off two times in a row. Now my battery manager reads a much more accurate battery level and actually lasts as long as the advertised 8 hours.

The battery manager records how long the battery lasts at different voltage levels and then turns this into a voltage over time scale that it can create a percentage chart from.

I too would like an app that will display a more in depth look at what is really causing my battery to discharge when I'm using it instead of the lame "Display" and "Voice Calls" etc.:work3:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I took my x off the charger this morning at like 6:30 a.m. I was using it off and on all day for voice calls, and web browsing, etc. About 5:00 p.m. I had around 70% battery left. I checked out my engagdet and onin news network app and then after 5 min of reading, I was down to 30%. 5 min after that, at 20%. Looked at my battery use readings, and it only says Display 42%, voice Calls 40%, Cell standby 15%, and phone idle 5%. The clencher is that it says 3h 19m 23s since unplugged. I havent had it plugged in since 6:30 am. It's 10:57 pm now. I'm no math expert but I dont think thats 3 hours. Also, Shouldnt there be more apps in the battery use section? Like, what do some of your phones say after a day of mild use in the battery use area?

Did you mount it to a computer? that would change the plug in time.

I'm not saying you're as dumb as me but I did this the other day. Took me a bit to figure out that I had mounted the darn thing.