My Display eating battery?

Ringhale

Reaction score
Okay I do not have the update installed yet Battery is at 30% and I'm at 19hrs unplugged but with Very light usage ( I was sleeping for about 7 of these hours) Battery use says Display 68% I have the display set to lowest brightness 24% cell standby and 8% Phone Idle my signal is usually around -95dbm does this seem alright or is something odd going on seems like 68% for the display on the lowest setting is a bit much.

BTW GPS is on, sync is on, no bluetooth, and very little wifi

cpjr

Reaction score
Seriously your complaining about 19 hours? Thats alot.

Using mine normally during the day, mostly phone calls....I might get 12 before its dead.

PS- Mine says the display accounts for 93% of the usage right now.

OP
R

Ringhale

Reaction score
Sorry I didnt mean to sound as I was complaining.. I didnt make any calls during that time sent maybe 20 texts and used the internet maybe for an hour and downloaded like 2 apps..

HeroNova

Reaction score
I also think 19 hours is pretty good. Like cpjr, I usually get around 12 hours. GPS is a serious killer sometimes, I usually keep mine off.

cpjr

Reaction score
Yup, and alot of widgets that update for various reasons (need an internet connection, gps location, etc) will kill the battery much faster. I use several but dont have them update to often.

EbbieDeb

Reaction score
I seem to be having battery issues myself. I don't know why though. 96% of my usage is Display. I have GPS on, but no bluetooth, no sync.

I charged it fully before I went to bed, and put it on the nightstand. About 8 hours later when I woke up, I was at 60% usage. Just sitting on the nightstand. Does this sound right?

Someone told me I needed to keep the phone plugged in a full 8 hours for the first charge, but It shows Charged when its attached to the Plug for about 3 hours. So I don't know if I need to leave it on longer than that?

cpjr

Reaction score
Why doesnt anyone just keep their phone plugged in at night while they sleep?? Seriously, seems like a no brainer to me.

I ALWAYS charge my phone all night while Im sleeping, always have on any phone Ive ever had.

PS- And for those that would say it ruins the battery....thats crap, I have never had a battery issue on any phone either.

ryan1432

Reaction score
I know Verizon is going to be sending out a update regarding the battery issue soon (will be OTA and overnight). 19 hours is great! i cant even get 8 hours out of my phone :(

To EbbieDeb: Do you have WiFi and bluetooth on when you charge your phone? i had the same problem when i first got my Moto X.

EbbieDeb

Reaction score
Why doesnt anyone just keep their phone plugged in at night while they sleep?? Seriously, seems like a no brainer to me.

I ALWAYS charge my phone all night while Im sleeping, always have on any phone Ive ever had.

PS- And for those that would say it ruins the battery....thats crap, I have never had a battery issue on any phone either.

I honestly wish I could charge my phone overnight. But I do not have a landline, so my cell is my only phone. I like to keep it on the nightstand while I sleep. However the cord is too short to go from the wall to the top of my nightstand. Mind you, the outlet is RIGHT BEHIND my nightstand. I wish they made the cord longer on this phone.

EbbieDeb

Reaction score
To EbbieDeb: Do you have WiFi and bluetooth on when you charge your phone? i had the same problem when i first got my Moto X.[/QUOTE]

No, I do not have either turned on. I don't have an earpiece, so I have bluetooth turned off. I also have the Wifi Turned off. The only thing I have on is the GPS. I'm wondering if I should just turn that off when I'm at home?

KevinWP

Reaction score
I honestly wish I could charge my phone overnight. But I do not have a landline, so my cell is my only phone. I like to keep it on the nightstand while I sleep. However the cord is too short to go from the wall to the top of my nightstand. Mind you, the outlet is RIGHT BEHIND my nightstand. I wish they made the cord longer on this phone.

Is there some reason you are letting your lack of a $2.00 extension cord limit your use of a $600.00 cell phone?

Go on... Splurge.... :icon_ banana:... Get the 6 ft extension cord for $3.00.

EbbieDeb

Reaction score

Is there some reason you are letting your lack of a $2.00 extension cord limit your use of a $600.00 cell phone?

Go on... Splurge.... :icon_ banana:... Get the 6 ft extension cord for $3.00.
I did not know there was such a thing... Where do I find it? At the verizon online store?

EbbieDeb

Reaction score
Many years back, I had the Motorola Razor phone. I just found my old charger, and it fits into my Droid X.

Is this an option to use to charge the phone? It won't mess up anything would it?

KevinWP

Reaction score
I did not know there was such a thing... Where do I find it? At the verizon online store?

No just a plain 'electrical' extension cord. They have them at wal-mart, dollar general, heck even gas stations sell them.

This is the cheapest one I could find at walmart.com but it is way beefier than you need.

Walmart.com: Woods 267 25' 3-Conductor 16 Gauge Outdoor Extension Cord: Home Improvement

I'm sure if you go to a local goodwill store they will have a bin of them for $1.00 or something.