Is this battery usage normal?

lightsout

Reaction score
Cell Standby 32%
Phone Idle 30%
Voice Calls 15%

Should standby and idle be so high? The battery has about 11 hours on it. Made a couple calls today haven't used it much. Running juice defender on default.

isoDUB

Reaction score
yes it's normal. from what i've read, CM7 doesn't use Deep Sleep mode sometimes. that may or may not have been fixed with the new nightlies, not sure. maybe someone who keeps up with the new releases or is more informed than me can help you.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
CM7 uses up the battery faster than the stock ROM. It also keeps turning on the Wifi after I manually disabled it, and they cannot seem to get the camera button working and a few other bugs. I finally went back to stock .605 rooted. Maybe after they get CM7 out of Beta and work out some of the bugs I will give it another shot...

cubsfan187

Reaction score
I'm running CM7 on the GB kernel and don't have the problems you mentioned. My cam button works fine. Wifi hasn't been a problem since I was on the official froyo nightlies. And it is way better on the battery life than before as well. If you miss CM7 I would certainly give it a shot on the GB kernel.

cubsfan187

Reaction score
Cell Standby 32%
Phone Idle 30%
Voice Calls 15%

Should standby and idle be so high? The battery has about 11 hours on it. Made a couple calls today haven't used it much. Running juice defender on default.

Also what baseband are you running? That makes a difference too.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm running CM7 on the GB kernel and don't have the problems you mentioned. My cam button works fine. Wifi hasn't been a problem since I was on the official froyo nightlies. And it is way better on the battery life than before as well. If you miss CM7 I would certainly give it a shot on the GB kernel.

Which one is the GB kernel? Were the nightlies all based off of Froyo or GB?

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
The nightlies that I was installing and running for about a month were here:

CyanogenMod Mirror Network - Powered by TDRevolution

And the camera button did not work properly on it. The camera itself worked fine, but not the hard button. And every time I updated to the new nightly, I had to go in and edit a system file in order to use visual voicemail.

cubsfan187

Reaction score
The cam button works on this version now. You can't use the screen to zoom though. Just need to change the settings to make the volume button control zooming. I never used VVM so I'm not sure about that one for this. Really the only thing missing from the GB kernel over the froyo kernel is the 1% battery. But that is being worked on as well. Even some cool features have been added in the "unofficial nightlies". Like the MIUI battery bar is now an option in CM7. Cool little stuff like that.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
The cam button works on this version now. You can't use the screen to zoom though. Just need to change the settings to make the volume button control zooming. I never used VVM so I'm not sure about that one for this. Really the only thing missing from the GB kernel over the froyo kernel is the 1% battery. But that is being worked on as well. Even some cool features have been added in the "unofficial nightlies". Like the MIUI battery bar is now an option in CM7. Cool little stuff like that.

Hmmm... I was using it until last week and the camera button did not work, and there were a few threads about it not working... So I SBF'd and went back to stock as there is now a 1-click root available for the DX.

cubsfan187

Reaction score
That's strange. I don't have a problem with my cam button at all. I use it to take pics and from the home screen if I hit it, it brings me to the cam app.

The one click root is how I got .602 rooted. I took the update from froyo and then rooted and installed cm7gb.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, I had to install Froyo, root that and then installed CM7. Maybe that is the difference? Are you saying that I could do it now with rooted .605 GB and it would be different than what I had?

cubsfan187

Reaction score
Well for cm7 on the gb kernel, I believe that it needs to be flashed over .602.

Take a look at the thread that I posted on the last page. It says in Rev's op what to be on before flashing. Yes it is a "little" different than the official nightlies. You won't need to flash an all in one fix to get things to work. Rev built those right in now.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
I see nothing about what kernel, so long as you have GB rooted and Bootstrap 2 recovery installed.

Which version of the Google Apps is the most current for the DX when you install CM7?