Android will fail without update reform

kingsway8605

Reaction score
Mark my words...the lack of transperancy regarding updates and the quick end of life dates will kill Android.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Ice_Cold

Reaction score
Ok the d1 has had 4 updates in a year and the x has had what 2 or 3. The d2 has had 1. Its not up to google to update the phone. But the phone manufacturers. So don't hate cuz you rather have an iPhone

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
Motorola has been good but I don't like the way HTC seems to ditch their support

OP
K

kingsway8605

Reaction score
Ok the d1 has had 4 updates in a year and the x has had what 2 or 3. The d2 has had 1. Its not up to google to update the phone. But the phone manufacturers. So don't hate cuz you rather have an iPhone

The droid is end of life already and will not receive another update, just one year after release. And watch all the new phones teased in the last year that don't get 2.3. I am willing to bet the incredible doesn't get gingerbread.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Don't count the droid out just yet. But that's beside the point. Android isn't the culprit here, its just the nature of technology. We are experiencing a huge boom in technological advances and if a company wants to continue to add to their customer base and not get left in the dust, they have to continually evolve. Its the same story accross the board so if android is going to fail, so is every mobile platform in existence.

tappin and a talkin

Ice_Cold

Reaction score
So in your words, Windows will fail because PC have end of life every 6 months. If you dont like Android then leave sell your phone and buy a Windows 7 phone or a Crapberry. Don't hate because phones EOL when technology advances

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
443befd0-bee0-fe07.jpg

If its not moving slow enough for you just get a dumb phone.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
What updates does Android need? I'm not missing any features on my D2.

GT944

Reaction score
I smell an iPhone fan in our midst... Steve, is that you? :p

Sent from my ADR6300

OP
K

kingsway8605

Reaction score
I'm not an Android fan or an iphone fan. In all honesty ive never understood how anyone could be a fan of an electronic item. But I get pissed when my phone becomes out of date not for technical reasons but because verizon wants me to buy a new one.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Don't hate the player hate the game. Regardless of what carrier, operating system, manufacturer, smart phone, dumb phone, its always going to be the same.

tappin and a talkin

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
There's still hope the D1 will get GB and most devicess launched after should definately get it. The issue with updates is not with google, they are doing a good job. Heck the iphone get 1 update a year...and not always a major one. The D1 is still relevant. Even though its not on the shelf anymore doesn't mean its not supported. Just because technology moves fast doesn't mean there's a problem. If you have a D1 you will be fine until your NE2 and when you do upgrade you will have a device by and far way superior to what you left. Be happy knowing that.

Sent from somewhere...

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Did you see the rom section of these phones lately. We update for like 2 mins then we all go back to roms. Motorola and google has done a good job supporting their devices. The d1 just got an update a few weeks ago and the dx followed. We know the d2 will be getting one soon. Just chill on out and enjoy your device....besides the droids dont need 100s of updates they just make minor tweaks here an there.