Android wear update

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I haven't been tracking my battery life with official stats or anything, but it looks like it is a little better with this Wear OS 2.0 update. It still makes it from around 6 AM to 10 PM on one charge, so that's all I care about. But it does seem like there is a little more in the evening than before. I'm just happy that my battery life didn't take a dive, I was concerned about that.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Badelhas

Reaction score
What about smoothness?
I haven't been tracking my battery life with official stats or anything, but it looks like it is a little better with this Wear OS 2.0 update. It still makes it from around 6 AM to 10 PM on one charge, so that's all I care about. But it does seem like there is a little more in the evening than before. I'm just happy that my battery life didn't take a dive, I was concerned about that.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Seems about the same, maybe a little better. But definitely not any worse.

doniago

Reaction score
Well, this is annoying...

I upgraded phones and necessarily had to reset my watch. Now I'm back at an earlier version of the OS and being told I'm on the most current version.

Any good ideas for how to force an update?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Well, this is annoying...

I upgraded phones and necessarily had to reset my watch. Now I'm back at an earlier version of the OS and being told I'm on the most current version.

Any good ideas for how to force an update?
That's strange. I would've thought resetting the watch would reset it to the most current version of the software installed.

No good idea that we've found. You could try uninstalling & reinstalling the Wear OS app on the watch.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL

Last edited:

doniago

Reaction score
Go figure, I uninstalled and reinstalled Wear on my phone with no apparent effect. Left my watch on the charger overnight, and this morning it had the update ready for me.

It's surprising to me that the update apparently doesn't stick around if you reset the watch, but at least I got it back.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Just when we thought Google couldn't make Wear OS updates any more confusing...they might have done just that. They announced that System Version H will be rolling out over the next few months to some watches. This will be another system version / OTA update, not an update though the Wear OS app. This update will focus on:

Battery Saver Mode Updates
Improved Off Body Efficiency
Smart App Resume for all Apps
Two Step Power Off

Why System Version H? Who knows. o_O Maybe they should go back to Version Numbers? Or go back to Android OS numbering? Something other than Version H.

Introducing System Version: H Update - Wear OS by Google Help

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Just when we thought Google couldn't make Wear OS updates any more confusing...they might have done just that. They announced that System Version H will be rolling out over the next few months to some watches. This will be another system version / OTA update, not an update though the Wear OS app. This update will focus on:

Two Step Power Off

Why System Version H? Who knows. o_O Maybe they should go back to Version Numbers? Or go back to Android OS numbering? Something other than Version H.

Wow...Wish I could say I was surprised. Sounds like some good things they're working on though.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL

Badelhas

Reaction score
Which smartwatches will get it? That's my main concern.

Two Step Power Off

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
They didn't State that in the post. Something about being up to the manufacturer, or something like that. So that means the Moto 360 series will not get it.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I doubt my Urbane will get it. Who knows though? It wasn't supposed to get upgraded to Wear OS from Android Wear & then it got this latest update.

One thing is for sure, the whole Google smartwatch world is one giant cluster...

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Do all of you have to constantly grant permission to re-connect your watch to your phone? I'm saying after they are disconnected, either because of a dead battery or going out of range....I'm sure it's a security issue, but it seems like your frickin' phone should remember you gave it access until you revoke it (you know, like how it works with BT devices on a pc).

Basically, if I take my watch off to charge, I will then have to reconnect (partly because of Android pay - I have to type in my pin every time I put it back on). And, of course, my phone and watch will annoy me every 5 minutes to grant access to pair.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
No, not anymore. That was an issue a while back, either with Android Wear / Wear OS or the version of Android we were running at the time. That plagued me for months until some kind of an update fixed it. There are posts about it (mostly me complaining about it ) around here somewhere that might point to when it was resolved

doniago

Reaction score
I've occasionally lost connection and been asked to re-pair, but it's a rare occurrence (thankfully I don't need to FDR my watch or such).

Badelhas

Reaction score
This. This problem was mostly solved since then.
No, not anymore. That was an issue a while back, either with Android Wear / Wear OS or the version of Android we were running at the time. That plagued me for months until some kind of an update fixed it. There are posts about it (mostly me complaining about it ) around here somewhere that might point to when it was resolved