Android wear update

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Just got it on my Moto 360 Gen 2. My quick settings only has 4 toggles though. No battery saver or volume. No speaker so that makes sense.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
Some folks on the Moto Forum posted that they got the update. So I rebooted again and there it was. It's OK. Definitely steps in the right direction.

Pere....I have all the new options in my Quick Settings panel when I swipe down. The phone symbol isn't to make calls, it's to use the Find My Phone functionality.
screen.jpeg

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Picked it up this morning and it again said "Wear OS got a key update." Restart.
NOW I have 6 icons and the new wear tutorial started.
Still the same version numbers. Weird.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Yep....the version numbering thing is a bit confusing by Google. They kind of need to figure out a simple way that we, the Wear OS users, can know what version we are on what's coming next, etc. I like this new update and it's what Android Wear 2.0 should have been. But come on now Google, make the version process easy to understand.

doniago

Reaction score
I got the update on Tuesday morning on my Huawei Watch 1. Android Wear version as per the screenshot posted previously.

I'm not entirely enamored of the change to notifications. The additional detail is nice, but now I have to scroll through a chunk of an email message before I can delete it, versus just bringing up the options and tapping delete. It's not a big deal, but it's there.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Nothing on any of our Moto 360's yet. I have Wear OS app 2.17..... on phone & watch, but no Wear OS 2.0.

I got the latest update last night on my Moto360 2nd Gen.
eca9ccb8d628eea29c6e3a2c0fd6c0ac.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Note 9 using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Yep....the version numbering thing is a bit confusing by Google. They kind of need to figure out a simple way that we, the Wear OS users, can know what version we are on what's coming next, etc. I like this new update and it's what Android Wear 2.0 should have been. But come on now Google, make the version process easy to understand.

But Sajo, they're doing away with version numbers to make things less complicated!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Got the update a day or two ago. Nothing special, IMO. But I don't use my watch for anything other than being a watch, and as a fitness tracker.

Badelhas

Reaction score
The Google Fit app as changed a bit, don't you agree?
Got the update a day or two ago. Nothing special, IMO. But I don't use my watch for anything other than being a watch, and as a fitness tracker.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
The Google Fit app as changed a bit, don't you agree?

Don't use it, I use other apps. Those apps sync their data to it, but I don't ever use it on my watch.

I'll admit I wish we could do something else with the swipe left/right and other customizations. But Google always starts out trying to be Apple, then eventually remembers Google is about giving the user more options/choices rather than a one-size-fits-all user experience.

Badelhas

Reaction score
I have to admit that another thing I noticed is that animations and navigation through the menus has gotten smoother, which is a good thing. Battery life is the same, so nothing to complain there.