Android wear update

Badelhas

Reaction score
Remind me what smartwatch you own, please.
Just a FYI kind of post. Last night I decided to try the "uninstall the Wear OS app from your watch.." trick. It didn't work for me. For a few days I had been running the Wear OS 2.17... app on my phone and Wear OS app 2.16... on my watch. And no new Wear OS update, like most of the rest of us. So I went into the watch Play Store and uninstalled the Wear OS app & rebooted. The watch made me go through the Android Wear / Wear OS tutorial again (I wish there was a way to dismiss that) and then the watch Play Store prompted me to download & install Wear OS, so I did. It downloaded and installed 2.16... What? So I rebooted the watch again and the watch Play Store prompted me to download & install Wear OS, so I did. That at least got my watch to Wear OS app version 2.17.... and matches my phone's app version. But no prompts to download the new Wear 2.0 OS (or whatever it's being called). And when I click Check For Updates in Settings it says I am up to date. Oh well, it was worth a try. I guess we just keep waiting. Whatever Google is doing, this has to be the slowest smart watch software rollout ever.
I found this thread with useful information regarding the update, check it out

The Wear OS Update Megathread : WearOS

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I assumed that there was a server side switch that Google was controlling, a few watch models at a time. That would make sense if it is accurate.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I have a Moto 360 Gen 2. My wife does also.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I assumed that there was a server side switch that Google was controlling, a few watch models at a time. That would make sense if it is accurate.
Didn't the OEMs used to have something to do with watch updates? Kinda like phone companies do? I can't remember anymore...

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL

Badelhas

Reaction score
I have a Moto 360 Gen 2. My wife does also.

Watches getting the update soon

Huawei Watch (1 and 2): rollout starting "soon", getting up to 100% within a couple weeks after that.

Moto 360 (v2 and Sport): coming soon, no more information yet.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Didn't the OEMs used to have something to do with watch updates? Kinda like phone companies do? I can't remember anymore...

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL
I think they used to. I'm not sure anymore though. Once we switched to Android Wear 2.0, I thought Google kind of took over since they said everything would be Wear app updates and no more system version updates. Now we are going back to System Versions, so......?

Badelhas

Reaction score
I have just received the update on my original Huawei Watch
d112f0aaf58e5abab375de32bb7cece2.jpg

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Good deal. How's the new Quick Settings menu?

Badelhas

Reaction score
Good deal. How's the new Quick Settings menu?

Better. But particularly I like how we now have much more info about the notifications we get. You click on an email received, for instance, and the whole text from the email can be read and we can interact with it, no needing to pull out my smartphone so often.
ca97997b41b9aa24eaea60d51e4b2638.jpg
bf1cf149fca88bd4ce13464ca9c67ad3.jpg
6898e7e82fe75ddae0e18ebef0d480a4.jpg

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Nice! Thanks for the update, that helps confirm that this update really is real. Just taking a while to get to all of us.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Just got it on my Moto 360 Gen 2. My quick settings only has 4 toggles though. No battery saver or volume. No speaker so that makes sense.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Nothing on any of our Moto 360's yet. I have Wear OS app 2.17..... on phone & watch, but no Wear OS 2.0.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I rebooted yesterday, my normal periodic reboot just for the heck of it. No update. I just rebooted again and no update. I guess it will hit my watch when it does.