Android wear update

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Hmmm....I think it's either being caused by Android Pay, or maybe CCleaner I have scheduled to run every night is erasing something (it doesn't touch bluetooth, but maybe was killing a process that caused it to remember).

It definitely didn't used to be an every day thing, but still seemed to happen a few times a week.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Anyone else have any issues after the most recent Wear OS app update? I'm not sure if the recent app update dorked up my watch, or if the battery is finally failing; but my battery stats (watch) are way out of whack. Saturday evening my watch just died. It usually lasts all day from sunup to bedtime. I didn't think much of it, charged it for a while and put it back on. I put it on Sunday morning and didn't think much of it, then noticed Sunday afternoon that the watch battery was still displaying 100%, and I could not open the Watch Battery stats from the Wear OS app on my phone. Knowing that was impossible I rebooted the watch. Watch battery then displayed 99% and I could at least open the Watch Battery stats from the Wear OS app on my phone, which displayed 4 days remaining (which I knew was wrong). Yesterday around 9:00 (3 hours off the charger) I noticed that my watch battery was still "stuck" at displaying 100%, notifications were not appearing on my watch, no vibration for new notifications and I could not open the Watch Battery stats from the Wear OS app on my phone again. I rebooted my watch and the battery displayed 98% (which I knew was still impossible), notifications started working on my watch again. But my watch battery never displayed below 98% all day and into the night. It didn't die yesterday, still made it from 06:00 to 10:00 PM; but there is no way I had 98% battery. I guess I need to factory reset my watch and run it with no Play Store apps and no third party watch faces for a day or 2 to see if the battery is failing & need a new watch, or if it was just a glitch when my watch updated the recent Wear OS app update.

Badelhas

Reaction score
Anyone else have any issues after the most recent Wear OS app update? I'm not sure if the recent app update dorked up my watch, or if the battery is finally failing; but my battery stats (watch) are way out of whack. Saturday evening my watch just died. It usually lasts all day from sunup to bedtime. I didn't think much of it, charged it for a while and put it back on. I put it on Sunday morning and didn't think much of it, then noticed Sunday afternoon that the watch battery was still displaying 100%, and I could not open the Watch Battery stats from the Wear OS app on my phone. Knowing that was impossible I rebooted the watch. Watch battery then displayed 99% and I could at least open the Watch Battery stats from the Wear OS app on my phone, which displayed 4 days remaining (which I knew was wrong). Yesterday around 9:00 (3 hours off the charger) I noticed that my watch battery was still "stuck" at displaying 100%, notifications were not appearing on my watch, no vibration for new notifications and I could not open the Watch Battery stats from the Wear OS app on my phone again. I rebooted my watch and the battery displayed 98% (which I knew was still impossible), notifications started working on my watch again. But my watch battery never displayed below 98% all day and into the night. It didn't die yesterday, still made it from 06:00 to 10:00 PM; but there is no way I had 98% battery. I guess I need to factory reset my watch and run it with no Play Store apps and no third party watch faces for a day or 2 to see if the battery is failing & need a new watch, or if it was just a glitch when my watch updated the recent Wear OS app update.
I'm not having any problems with my Huawei Watch or any of the updates lately, sorry.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I'm not having any problems with my Huawei Watch or any of the updates lately, sorry.
Thanks. I'll see what happens after a reset. Worse case.....I need a new watch.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Thanks. I'll see what happens after a reset. Worse case.....I need a new watch.

Well, a factory reset on the watch didn't help. After all that time resetting and setting up again with several reboots to get on the latest version the battery displayed 91%. It's been about six hours since and it displays 89%. I forgot how common this was back in 2016 & 17 until I started searching. Lots of posts about this on lots of different Forums and support sites, with no real solution. Apparently it was very common after the initial Android Wear 2.0 upgrade. Oh well, I can't complain, my "worn once" watch for $125 has lasted me well over a year. Time to start looking at a replacement gently used Moto 360 Gen 2 or a Ticwatch.

Last edited:

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I'd go Tic or wait for the 3100 chipped watches.
A dually I still have my friends Fossil if you like big watches. He'd sell it cheap.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I'd go Tic or wait for the 3100 chipped watches.
A dually I still have my friends Fossil if you like big watches. He'd sell it cheap.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
The Ticwatch has my attention right now. I like what they are doing......a WATCH that happens to run Wear OS. No frills, no thrills, just a watch running Wear OS. I don't need fancy and flashy, just functional and looks OK. Ticwatch is doing just that.

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, a factory reset on the watch didn't help. After all that time resetting and setting up again with several reboots to get on the latest version the battery displayed 91%. It's been about six hours since and it displays 89%. I forgot how common this was back in 2016 & 17 until I started searching. Lots of posts about this on lots of different Forums and support sites, with no real solution. Apparently it was very common after the initial Android Wear 2.0 upgrade. Oh well, I can't complain, my "worn once" watch for $125 has lasted me well over a year. Time to start looking at a replacement gently used Moto 360 Gen 2 or a Ticwatch.

Its odd. What you're describing is very similar to the behavior that my OG Turbo displayed when I used wireless charging. Battery calibration and reporting got all whacked out. I'd suggest trying direct wire charging, but I guess that's not really an option for you.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
No, not on a Moto 360. They charge via a wireless dock only.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I'm still not 100% convinced the recent Wear OS app update is not part of my issue. I noticed on my wife's phone, which I have not yet updated the Wear OS app to the most recent app version, that she doesn't have the new battery % displayed on the app main screen. I think this was added by the app update the other day. And my problems started right after that. It could be a coincidence, and my battery just happened to fail right after an app update.
d20dc36c5f85236da83e7682cdf447ab.jpg

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
According to 9To5Google the new Wear OS Update H (with Android 9.0 Pie) is starting to slowly roll out to some watches. I think they stated some Fossil & Skagen watches right now, with more updates rolling out over the next few months. Sound off if you receive (or have received) the new Update H & let us know if you notice any notable improvements or differences.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I'm still not 100% convinced the recent Wear OS app update is not part of my issue. I noticed on my wife's phone, which I have not yet updated the Wear OS app to the most recent app version, that she doesn't have the new battery % displayed on the app main screen. I think this was added by the app update the other day. And my problems started right after that. It could be a coincidence, and my battery just happened to fail right after an app update.

I found a new Moto 360 Gen 2 on eBay and bought it. Setting it all up now, and it's updating to some newer version. Let's hope the battery stats / battery health holds steady and no whacky issues.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Posting this just as a FYI. I received an update to the Wear OS app this morning. After it updated, my phone and watch were disconnected. When I opened Wear OS I saw the notification in the screenshot. I've never seen that one before. A reboot of phone and watch cleared everything up and both are working correctly again.
6f9b5b5712c33a0689a63dc8bae9b11a.jpg

Badelhas

Reaction score
Posting this just as a FYI. I received an update to the Wear OS app this morning. After it updated, my phone and watch were disconnected. When I opened Wear OS I saw the notification in the screenshot. I've never seen that one before. A reboot of phone and watch cleared everything up and both are working correctly again.
6f9b5b5712c33a0689a63dc8bae9b11a.jpg

I also got that update but I didn't have that issue on my original Huawei Watch.

Badelhas

Reaction score
Anyone already got the "tiles" Android Wear update? Is it a worthy update?
[Update: Rolling out] Wear OS update brings "Tiles" - small, informative app widget cards

"The feature appears to be a server-side change as the OS and watch app don’t require an update. It has shown up for users of the LG Watch Urbane, TicWatch Pro, Fossil Sport, Misfit Vapor, Wear24, and others."

The Urbane is from the same generation as the original Huawei Watch, right? I'm curious to know if I'm getting it as well...
Cheers

Edit:" Hardware that has seen the update so far includes the Fossil Sport, Huawei Watch 2, Ticwatch Pro, Ticwatch E, Misfit Vapor, and many others. Even older watches like the LG Watch Urbane are getting updated, as well as the original Huawei Watch. Kellen from Droid-Life also tweeted that his Montblanc Summit 2 had gotten the update.

Personally, I’ve not gotten the update on any of my watches just yet, despite being on the latest available updates. According to users, the Wear OS Tiles feature won’t notify you once it’s been rolled out to your watch. The only way to know for sure that it’s rolled out is to swipe twice from the right side of the screen."
Source: Wear OS’ new ‘Tiles’ feature is already rolling out w/ server-side update

So, it seems I'm getting it as well! Yeaaaahhhh :)

Edit: just noticed that I already have it. It's a small but welcome feature

Last edited: